OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

4 hours ago, Villa Mike said:

Won't be anywhere near it.  Terrible, terrible idea.

Agree.

Originally I was completely against going however if I see the ifa are organising the tickets and transport correctly then I am going if I get a ticket. NI only play a few games every year so why should I miss out on a game two hours down the road because of a few scumbags on both sides.

Emmm I originally planned to be "nowhere near it" and don't want to go anywhere near it but why am I re-thinking, why should I miss an away match down the road. Emmm, still to decide for sure and may depend on ticket arrangements and furore around the fixture

The simple fact is that if we finish 1st or 2nd in our  UEFA Nations group we'll be 2nd seeds for the Euro 2020 qualifiers.

If we finish 3rd, we'll be 3rd seeds.

Given that the top two qualify, being 1st or 2nd seeds is a HUGE advantage, so our last game against Austria at home could be massively important.

...and yet we're having to put up with the distraction of playing this shower of clampets and the whole f-ing circus that goes with it just days before it.

The way the NL is organised forced us to play 2 friendlies from a limited number of other teams with free dates. Have to grin and bear the circus around it :)

I suppose it's fairly irrelevant at this stage, but I assume we had to play a friendly rather than have some sort of "get together" training camp for a few days.

Either way, I can think of 204 FIFA Nations I'd rather have played instead of them.

Yes the friendlies were compulsory and against one of only 7 other teams

1 hour ago, Floreat Ultonia said:

Yes the friendlies were compulsory and against one of only 7 other teams

Agree the friendlies are compulsory, however, while I stand ready to be corrected, I know of no rule which says they must be against UEFA opposition. Germany played Peru if my memory is correct. And there are 9 groups of 3 so there must always be at least one non UEFA team involved each set of games. 

21 minutes ago, The Laird said:

Agree the friendlies are compulsory, however, while I stand ready to be corrected, I know of no rule which says they must be against UEFA opposition. Germany played Peru if my memory is correct. And there are 9 groups of 3 so there must always be at least one non UEFA team involved each set of games. 

Netherlands played Peru prior to Germany playing them.

11 hours ago, The Laird said:

They don't need to be against UEFA opposition but are restricted. They are centralised mandated friendlies.  the Football Associations were given some weeks last spring to agree them within boundaries.  If not they would have been told who to play.  Even the agreed friendlies were subject to approval.  Of course the financial rewards from these friendlies and the UEFA Nations League make this worthwhile.  

The reality is that this is a low key game for fans in the Republic.  It is a much bigger game for RoI fans north of the border.  However it reduces travel time for everyone and allows Sky to hype the game more than it really should be.   

There is no way it will be close to a sellout.     

With the Austrian game just days after this game and the possibility of it being very important to us I really doubt Mon will even consider playing anything near our strongest side. Plus I'm sure none of the players that do play will be thinking of this game as anything other than a run out and won't be going out to kick lumps out of each other. 

Well I hope they won't ☺️

Was told we are getting (and taking) 3000 tickets for this match, thats not good, was hoping we would take token 100 or something !!

3000 compulsory seats on Travel solutions buses then, Nice lift for the IFA then