OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

One more thing I've just been reminded of.

No backpacks are allowed.  This is strictly enforced and there are no storage facilities.  If you must bring a bag you need a plan on where to store it.  I know people who have left bags in chip vans and hidden in hedges.  

8 minutes ago, gspain said:

No backpacks are allowed.  This is strictly enforced and there are no storage facilities.  If you must bring a bag you need a plan on where to store it.  I know people who have left bags in chip vans and hidden in hedges.  

Probably for the best as some NI fans in Austria stole our backpack from the stadium.

59 minutes ago, gspain said:

The area around the stadium is pretty safe.  It is an upmarket area of Dublin although it may not look like it from the away end.

It is mainly street parking but read the signs carefully re parking.  You will probably have to pay until 7pm but some streets make you pay until midnight.  

Bath Avenue is very convenient for the away end.  It is a bit more downmarket than the other side of the stadium but still pretty safe.

There will be very heavy traffic after the game all the way back to the Port Tunnel. 

This may sound absolutely daft and is considerably longer but you may want to look at  heading south of the stadium (out the N11 or parallel Merrion Road) joining the M50 at junction 14.  This is my route home and I rarely encounter traffic.  There is normally parking on Anglesea Road or the vicinity of the RDS or Clyde Road near the American embassy.  I'd only recommend parking there if heading south to the M50.   

Thanks for the info

3 hours ago, gspain said:

That's a very strange thing to do after leaving your bag in a chip van.

I hope you have your half and half scarf at the ready Gary!

I was kindof thinking there would be parking at that ticket pick up place, perhaps even a park n ride would be sensible idea. Guess that might be too sensible or it's just a sht area

6 hours ago, norniron93 said:

Probably for the best as some NI fans in Austria stole our backpack from the stadium.

Never heard about this ?

absolutely disgusting behaviour stealing from your own people.

Was this in the NI end or outside somewhere?

2 hours ago, P.McCarroll said:

That's a very strange thing to do after leaving your bag in a chip van.

Very good

10 hours ago, gspain said:

What’s the story for those wanting to bring a flag in their backpack, are they also prohibited for such ? 

7 hours ago, GAWA said:

What’s the story for those wanting to bring a flag in their backpack, are they also prohibited for such ? 

Aye curious if my wee fleg beg will be suffice?  It's just a wee plastic JD Norn Iron beg like.

On 11/9/2018 at 7:50 PM, J.Q. said:

Never heard about this ?

absolutely disgusting behaviour stealing from your own people.

Was this in the NI end or outside somewhere?

In the NI end, it was sitting beside out flag which was tied up at the back.

Nothing valuable in it thankfully, just a few bits and pieces. We ended up being one of the last to leave the stadium searching for it.

Ticket collection is Sean Moore Road. I'm guessing they mean at the Aviva Stadium? 

13 minutes ago, sookma said:

Ticket collection is Sean Moore Road. I'm guessing they mean at the Aviva Stadium? 

I wouldn't have thought so. Aviva is on Lansdowne Road. There's a GAA club on Sean Moore Road, could it be there?

31 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

I wouldn't have thought so. Aviva is on Lansdowne Road. There's a GAA club on Sean Moore Road, could it be there?

An exact location would have been too straight forward. 

9 minutes ago, SectionE said:

An exact location would have been too straight forward. 

"A 12th Man guide will be available today with further information including directions."