OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

My policy on this game has progressed from 'hiding behind the sofa' to 'might venture into Belfast to watch it'. I know this might be a tedious thing to ask, but who on OWC is heading to the match? (and who might be hitting the pub?)

Good news looks like J.Evans is fit was at training today

http://presseye.com/app/WebObjects/PEShop.woa/wa/p?cl=Whaetj5MxujHHcstMCwtQw..a&ts=h3a_QvUcxnHfFXv0KwVDeAE9Vk8omQyTC587vsRghMM.a

Bobby Burns may have been called up for Shane Ferguson injured on Saturday

Winger Shane Ferguson, who has been a regular starter for Millwall in recent weeks, suffered a late injury in the Lions’ 4-3 defeat at Norwich City

Had a look through those training pictures, the only player i don't see is Jamal Lewis. That might explain why Bobby Burns has been called up.

3 hours ago, RaveDave said:

Had a look through those training pictures...

6a0b1fd5c371fbaf1ec869c2214bbae247a006dd

Michael Jackson

65737cf68695d7052b52cd866b4244d0.jpg

Michael O'Neill

4 hours ago, RaveDave said:

Had a look through those training pictures, the only player i don't see is Jamal Lewis. That might explain why Bobby Burns has been called up.

could well be right, unless as his manager was complaining, MON will only play him V Austria and miss Thursday's game?

In London for this one (wouldn't have paid £40 to the FAI and had 2 days off work anyway) I take it Philomena's is the place to watch as usual?

On 11/1/2018 at 9:45 AM, Rod said:

I wonder is that the plan.  Mightn't be the worst idea, I know the fans mixed well at the Euros, but cant see it ending well if both sets of fans congregate in the same bars in Dublin.  I'd imagine the majority of bars won't want any NI fans near them.

Although perhaps they'll be reluctant to play a part in us getting boozed up.

Mayor "Diamond" Joe Quimby - "Oh no, without the booze, these guys all remember how much they hate each other!"

(Note which side started it, and with a sneaky rabbit punch to the back of the head at that. Typical. :thumbdown:)

18 hours ago, Richardh said:

"A 12th Man guide will be available today with further information including directions."

It still doesn't have an exact location. Maybe we'll just stand in the middle of that roundabout and hope for the best?

1 hour ago, hughes18 said:

It still doesn't have an exact location. Maybe we'll just stand in the middle of that roundabout and hope for the best?

I was thinking the same when I read it, we've been given directions to a roundabout.

11 hours ago, chopper1 said:

could well be right, unless as his manager was complaining, MON will only play him V Austria and miss Thursday's game?

With the Norwich boss complaining about giving Lewis a rest I would say Mon`s plans are to let him sit out training and the friendly. IF the Austria v Bosnia game on Thursday has the wrong result for us and leaves our game against Austria a dead rubber he might well leave him out  for that game. If we can get anything from the Austria game then I would expect him to play in that.

Our game with Austria is a dead rubber only if they draw with Bosnia. If they lose, obviously we can steal sneak second place; whereas if they win, they can still finish first. In which case Bosnia wouldn't want use to field a reserve side in the last game.

Edit- any Austria win against Bosnia has to be 1-0 or by 2 or more goals. If it's 2-1, 3-2 etc I think they lose out on head to head countback

3 hours ago, hughes18 said:

:lol::thumbsup:

2 hours ago, green port said:

With the Norwich boss complaining about giving Lewis a rest I would say Mon`s plans are to let him sit out training and the friendly. IF the Austria v Bosnia game on Thursday has the wrong result for us and leaves our game against Austria a dead rubber he might well leave him out  for that game. If we can get anything from the Austria game then I would expect him to play in that.

spot on