OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

I was pretty confident that we are currently a better side but my goodness,  how much better are we! Rep of I are all huff and puff.  If I was their fans tonight I’d be raging at that performance.  Neil Lennon actually said at halftime that we are too over elaborate at times.  I never thought I’d ever hear that said of an NI team.  There was one box to box break in the second half and it was honestly like Klopp’s Liverpool team.  The only thing lacking was the final pass from Davo.  He needs match time.  I actually think it’s his extra 20% that we’re missing.  Jones was excellent when he cane on and Saville was brilliant all night.  Jamal was tremendous yet again and Evans and Cathcart we’re strolling around all night.  We should’ve won at least 2 nil

I enjoyed that an awful lot against all the odds.

We made them look very limited, really should have won it. We looked like a team with a plan, Lewis Jones Whyte and Boyce all excellent I thought.

We had half of our Euros squad on that bench tonight, the evolution of football style in a short period is phenomenal.

23 minutes ago, GREENISLAND GAWA said:

We played some good stuff and are creating chances at least. The goals will come. Could be worse, could be a free state fan!!!

promising display just missing the end product,  at least the players can finish the nation league on a high at the weekend as Austria can't finish above Bosnia

Michael Oneill has just said that hes using this league of nations thingy to blood new players...… Hope so

Hopefully for the next set of qualifiers we are sharp as fcuk

8 minutes ago, Godfry said:

Michael Oneill has just said that hes using this league of nations thingy to blood new players...… Hope so

Hopefully for the next set of qualifiers we are sharp as fcuk

I can think of 750K reasons why we better be. 

Graham Little really annoyed me after the game. Saying if you are a glutton for punishment you can watch northern Ireland again on Sunday. I actually thought we played some good stuff. Just our decision making in the final 3rd third let's us down again 

4 minutes ago, exhausted said:

Graham Little really annoyed me after the game. Saying if you are a glutton for punishment you can watch northern Ireland again on Sunday. I actually thought we played some good stuff. Just our decision making in the final 3rd third let's us down again 

and £1 Neil was talking very positive of tonight's and our recent performances

all played well especially Davis, Dallas, Lewis, Smith, Jones & Whyte

We played pretty well I thought, just can't buy a goal. They were dreadful. Our fans in the ground were largely superb.

2 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

We played pretty well I thought, just can't buy a goal. They were dreadful. Our fans in the ground were largely superb.

fans brilliant !! well outnumbered 15-1 but could hear them sing all night

26 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

Good to hear and almost regretting not going. 'Largely' is a telling word though  😃

31 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

Fans sounded brilliant on the tv. On 2fm it said a bottle was thrown from the top of the stand and hit a kid-i assume that was a ROI supporter that threw the bottle-if not it would be all over social media. 

Great performance tonight on and off the ball. Think it says as much about the ROI as it does about us. 

10 minutes ago, donaghy said:

Fans sounded brilliant on the tv. On 2fm it said a bottle was thrown from the top of the stand and hit a kid-i assume that was a ROI supporter that threw the bottle-if not it would be all over social media. 

Must have been as NI fans were in the leg end of the bed pan.

16 minutes ago, donaghy said:

Great performance tonight on and off the ball. Think it says as much about the ROI as it does about us. 

I seen it, it was thrown from the ROI fans in the upper tier and landed close to the front row of the lower tier.