OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

2 minutes ago, SectionE said:

I seen it, it was thrown from the ROI fans in the upper tier and landed close to the front row of the lower tier. 

We're they aiming for our bench or Martin oneill?

As much as I'm a bit gutted we didn't wallop them, it's probably for the best as it doesn't give any of the wabs in the support of either team the chance to gloat at a win or get frustrated and angry at a loss. Either way we'd have been the bad boys in the press. It even suited the national news Irish boarder Brexit deadlock so everybody happy...

1 hour ago, dmcc_gfc said:

I enjoyed that an awful lot against all the odds.

We made them look very limited, really should have won it. We looked like a team with a plan, Lewis Jones Whyte and Boyce all excellent I thought.

We had half of our Euros squad on that bench tonight, the evolution of football style in a short period is phenomenal.

Well said, esp bold:thumbsup:

Whupped them 0-0.

Played them off the park, but just couldn't stick it in the net.

Thought the entire ream played well.

The 'keeper and the defenders probably didn't even need a shower.

The midfield, as has been the case recently, were dominant.

Unfortunately the strikers didn't get into the match as much as we'd have liked, and a couple of chances went begging.

Bring on the Austria!

1 minute ago, green and blue 72 said:

Should've won tonight need someone to start scoring. No need for any Brexit chat either. We shouldn't have played them because of their own politics and chasing our players.

agreed but at least we were by far the better team and actually looked like a team moving forward, no doubt in my mind that we should give them a bye ball in the future.

2 hours ago, rogni said:

I was pretty confident that we are currently a better side but my goodness,  how much better are we! Rep of I are all huff and puff.  If I was their fans tonight I’d be raging at that performance.  Neil Lennon actually said at halftime that we are too over elaborate at times.  I never thought I’d ever hear that said of an NI team.  There was one box to box break in the second half and it was honestly like Klopp’s Liverpool team.  The only thing lacking was the final pass from Davo.  He needs match time.  I actually think it’s his extra 20% that we’re missing.  Jones was excellent when he cane on and Saville was brilliant all night.  Jamal was tremendous yet again and Evans and Cathcart we’re strolling around all night.  We should’ve won at least 2 nil

Davis should've shot and would've if he he was playing regularly.

Simon convey on Twitter critising the roi fans for booing GSTQ. Only criticism of ni fans causing any traction is a photo of some wab with a parachute regiment flag on a bus. Oh and Jamie Bryson critising the roi fans for displaying a flag with a balaclava terrorist on it - turns out it was actually the Munster crest!  

3 minutes ago, ripley said:

Simon convey on Twitter critising the roi fans for booing GSTQ. Only criticism of ni fans causing any traction is a photo of some wab with a parachute regiment flag on a bus. Oh and Jamie Bryson critising the roi fans for displaying a flag with a balaclava terrorist on it - turns out it was actually the Munster crest!  

Pantomime stuff, Coveney has made relations between the two a lot more toxic than someone booing GSTQ.

8 minutes ago, mourne_shamrock said:

What did Neil lenny say ?

About the game?

He said NI were much the better team, created chances, but lacked the cutting edge to take them. Also said the ROI were sh1te. Pretty much it in a nutshell.

17 minutes ago, ripley said:

:lol: