OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

16 hours ago, dmcc_gfc said:

I enjoyed that an awful lot against all the odds.

We made them look very limited, really should have won it. We looked like a team with a plan, Lewis Jones Whyte and Boyce all excellent I thought.

We had half of our Euros squad on that bench tonight, the evolution of football style in a short period is phenomenal.

Well said - esp bold :thumbsup:

I really liked the shape of the team that we finished with last night. Lewis and Dallas at FB and Ward and Jones playing out wide.

Davis and Saville bossed everything in the middle of the park. Im a big fan of Norwood but im not sure that there is room for him in there unless trying to play a really defensive set up.

Really hopeful that we can put a couple past Austria on Sunday and finish on a high.

Predicting a 3-1 win on Sunday :owc:

4 hours ago, gspain said:

Depressing night all round but the booing of GSTQ.  

so you were encouragong the anthem being booed?

3 hours ago, Floreat Ultonia said:

Only used 15 of our squad of 29 players. Have any of the others returned to clubs yet?

not sure though i would expect a similar squad for Austria, maybe Ward injured again? i thought MON would experiment with a few U21's such as Thompson & Smyth maybe Hazard

Went on to ybig just to see the fallout regarding Agent Marty and the game in general and the "comments" are unreal. It seems to be inhabited by genuine Republican bigots whose true colours are laid bare, some genuine and honest comments to be fair but most of them just seem like scumbags which is a pity as I met quite a few decent ROI lads and lassies in France, I suppose that's Internet message boards for you. 

17 hours ago, CityofLisburn said:

Worth every penny Jim

We need wins though. Haven't won a competitive game in over a year. Playing good football and creating chances is a positive for sure, but it doesn't pay the bills. Qualification is where the money is.

21 minutes ago, GPJim said:

We need wins though. Haven't won a competitive game in over a year. Playing good football and creating chances is a positive for sure, but it doesn't pay the bills. Qualification is where the money is.

Agreed hopefully we can get going in the Euro qualifying. TBH I think he deserves a lot of credit in how he has put the bricks in place at junior levels .

The Bouncy myth is definitely my favourite but of nonsense they come out with. Complete, unsubstantiated mythology.

The McClean song was funny, full stop. It helped that he had a dreadful game.

1 hour ago, chopper1 said:

so you were encouragong the anthem being booed?

No sorry of course not.  Looks like I didn't finish it.  That was the low point.  

Although I have since become aware of IRA chants as well.  I didn't hear any on the night.  

16 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

The Bouncy myth is definitely my favourite but of nonsense they come out with. Complete, unsubstantiated mythology.

That and the Saxe-Coburg Gotha Stadium one. 

4 hours ago, NBWNI said:

Having seen how bad RoI were last night I'm really concerned about a surge in players wanting to switch countries.

I mean where are we going to put them all. :whistling:

Very good! :lol:

2 hours ago, ULSTERHEARTS said:

Im a big fan of Norwood but im not sure that there is room for him in there unless trying to play a really defensive set up.

Surely he'll just come in for Corry Evans from last night's line-up?

25 minutes ago, gspain said:

No sorry of course not.  Looks like I didn't finish it.  That was the low point.  

Although I have since become aware of IRA chants as well.  I didn't hear any on the night.  

cheers, i didn't think you were the sort to get involved

30 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

The McClean song was funny, full stop. It helped that he had a dreadful game.

I was tempted to start up a "sh*t Craggy Island, you're just a sh*t Craggy Island" song last night, until I realised it would be a bit stupid singing at a TV screen. In a pub. In England.

Maybe I'll save it for next time.

35 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

But, but, but...