OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

13 minutes ago, RaveDave said:

There are some decent fans on there but sadly there are some real bigots to, there attempts to try and justify the bigotry amuse me, what does surprise me is how much their moderators let go, there is no way the majority of that stuff would be allowed on here.

The hatred of some on there to all things NI is unbelievable..... Lots of it wouldn't be allowed on here.

One idiot said that a bunch of NI fans got of a bus and then proceeded to walk to the ground with their flags. He said that these NI fans were marching like they were in an orange order parade

So basically we cant walk anymore as some consider it sectarian....Thankfully a few other posters soon shot him down.

8 minutes ago, Godfry said:

The hatred of some on there to all things NI is unbelievable..... Lots of it wouldn't be allowed on here.

One idiot said that a bunch of NI fans got of a bus and then proceeded to walk to the ground with their flags. He said that these NI fans were marching like they were in an orange order parade

So basically we cant walk anymore as some consider it sectarian....Thankfully a few other posters soon shot him down.

Had a look at their Forums must say was taken a back with so many of their comments, they really do hate everything about us . 

27 minutes ago, Godfry said:

I think that poster is a she from South Armagh 🙄

9 hours ago, stephenrowley1 said:

There's a photo om Facebook of two brothers who were assaulted on the way to the game and had nasty looking injuries - hateful bastards would be more my description of the perpetrators but I suppose I never was known for my diplomacy.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/two-northern-ireland-fans-brutally-13600261

0_NI-fans.jpg 

I didn't think the booing was as bad as it was in Cardiff in 2004, but then again I was in the stadium for that one (not watching on TV) and the crowd (in Wales) was probably twice as big..

"and as for the "What's it like to have a Queen" chant, they like having a Queen ffs. Their stadium is named after her. Most ill thought out insult ever."

Best post on that forum haha!  It does confirm they were actually chanting which I wasn't aware of in the stadium.

I Windsor Park is obviously named after the House of Windsor, however Queen Elizabeth II only became monarch in 1952, so it must be after one of the 3 previous monarchs.

My money is on George V.

13 hours ago, Richardh said:

I haven't read or heard any complaints about the ticket collection, did it all go well? 

All smooth for us, we were there at 3:30 and not too many fans there by then, all seemed well organised. Even know someone who forgot their voucher but got sorted out by logging into their account on their phone at the ticket tent

2 hours ago, richboy said:

I didn't think the booing was as bad as it was in Cardiff in 2004, but then again I was in the stadium for that one (not watching on TV) and the crowd (in Wales) was probably twice as big..

It was very loud being there, couldn't hear the band

In Dublin you mean? What about the reciprocal booing Taz? It was only slightly audible on the tv