OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

Like others on here, I was really surprised to enjoy the trip. I hadn't wanted to go really, feared we could not possibly come out of it well. Both on and off the pitch great performance and really showed what good place we are in now.

No doubt there is still very small number of or fans who under the right circumstances would let us down, even they must know they are an antiquated minority. ie. The three pricks who tried to start the sash near the end !!

Some very knowledgable fans on YBIG, but also a very, very large percentage of nasty bigots.  In the last week I have read us described as 'orange c**ts' and 'orange bast**ds' on 2 seperate occasions.  These comments weren't deleted and went by without much comment or criticism from others, it seems that on YBIG sectarianism is totally acceptable when aimed at us ................. however, apparently we are the nazis and they're just expressing their cultural identity or having a bit of aul craic

One idiot in the same comment as criticising us for our 'sectarian singing' (I'm presuming GSTQ, but maybe the bouncy - that aul sh*te about it being about Hamills death in portadown FFS !!!!!), said he didn't care if there was sectarian singing from ROI fans.  Totally irony bi-pass their.

I think every single poster on these boards know that if anybody on OWC described ROI fans by replacing the above comments with 'fenian' as opposed to 'orange', they would be removed  immediately, they would be banned and there would not be one other poster defending it, with unversial criticism of the comment.  However, on YBIG they seem to think that over here we are the equvalent of their their knuckle draggers.  I would say I'm amazed at that level of ignorance, but I'm not.

In constrast the comments on Foot.ie have none of this sectarianism - on foot.ie the thread refers to us as 'Northern ireland', on YBIG it has us as 'North of Ireland' (at least it wasn't 'dirty Orange Nordie bast**ds' - maybe we're making progress !!!)

Read this comment foot.ie

I am as nationalistic as the next man but I found the booing disappointing. In life if you want to persuade someone to do something, you don't jeer them and disrespect them. That sort of stuff does nothing to further the cause of unity and it just confirmed their view that there is a hostile State south of the border. Shame.

100% correct assessment, most nationalists or republicans i know just don't get this and are under the YBIG view that all Prods are sectarian nazis = bad, everything irish/republican = good, sectarianism only goes one way, no republican/nationalist is a bigot, only a victim, whilst all 'brits/prods' are bigots ......... hence they even walked down the street is a sectarian way FFS !!! probably the mere existance of northern prods is sectarian as well.

to be fair on foot.ie the above comment got no negative comments and most agreed.  On YBIG he would be called a 'West Brit snowflake' etc etc etc.  The moderater on YBIG apparebtly intervened and deleted comments which he described as 'name calling'.  However, he felt it was OK to the leave the comments 'orange c**t', 'orange bast**ds' (thats not name calling, just aul craic) and another one were someone described the 'liberals' as 'homos', says it all really !!!

37 minutes ago, Taz said:

Like others on here, I was really surprised to enjoy the trip. I hadn't wanted to go really, feared we could not possibly come out of it well. Both on and off the pitch great performance and really showed what good place we are in now.

No doubt there is still very small number of or fans who under the right circumstances would let us down, even they must know they are an antiquated minority. ie. The three pricks who tried to start the sash near the end !!

Some half-wit ROI fan on Twitter was claiming The Sash was sung all night. Others claiming the assault on those two guys didn't happen and was staged.

28 minutes ago, Jack Russell said:

Some half-wit ROI fan on Twitter was claiming The Sash was sung all night. Others claiming the assault on those two guys didn't happen and was staged.

Fair play to the Guards for helping the lads set the assault up.

18 minutes ago, GPJim said:

Fair play to the Guards for helping the lads set the assault up.

Just doing the job they're paid for. Did they see how it started? If so why no arrests?

Edit: just re-read your post. Missed the jist of it 😕

2 hours ago, Jack Russell said:

Seen some glue bag on twitter say our fans were sectarianly booing Mclean, whatever that means?

Noticed Ian Baraclough on the bench in Dublin as part of the backroom team, maybe there as a coach to help Michael or for the experience? 

1 hour ago, RichardM said:

Noticed Ian Baraclough on the bench in Dublin as part of the backroom team, maybe there as a coach to help Michael or for the experience? 

He was at Shamrock Park for the u19 game on Wednesday night, so he is maybe over here this week taking in all the NI games.

10 hours ago, glen man said:

Some very knowledgable fans on YBIG, but also a very, very large percentage of nasty bigots.

I'd be hopeful that forum isn't representative of their support / Irish society because that forum is full of horrible c**ts. 

I assume it's the SF supporters / armchair republican section of their support making themselves heard as our existence clearly winds them up.

12 minutes ago, Rod said:

I'd be hopeful that forum isn't representative of their support / Irish society because that forum is full of horrible c**ts. 

I assume it's the SF supporters / armchair republican section of their support making themselves heard as our existence clearly winds them up.

Reading their guff is pointless.  You shouldnt go to their forums, because theyre the holier than thou brigade who cant do no wrong and yet its obvious theyre full of vile and hate. 

You going there and reading what they have to say its what they want. 

23 minutes ago, Rod said:

I would say your first paragraph is correct Rod, I don't think it would be representative of their support however I'd imagine support for SF would be prevalent among a lot of them on that site hence most of the vile lies spouted, only because of our game against them did I go on and have a look yesterday, sorry I did. I hope Denmark stuff them and Marty gets to lead them to Euro 2020 failure, slap it up them. 

12 minutes ago, GREENISLAND GAWA said:

I see the Sunday Life have an article about the guy with the parachute regiment flag but of course no mention of the lads beaten by the free state ‘fans’.

The fool with the flag was all over social media, so I take it either he or his friends made him public domain. Vermin as the thugs that attacked those guys are, I take it they didn’t brag about it openly on Facebook. You can’t blame the media if someone presents them with an open net.

20 minutes ago, Jack Russell said:

The fool with the flag was all over social media, so I take it either he or his friends made him public domain. Vermin as the thugs that attacked those guys are, I take it they didn’t brag about it openly on Facebook. You can’t blame the media if someone presents them with an open net.

Agree entirely Jack.