OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

It'll be just a waiting game until after the double away games are out of the way and depending on expressions of interest the I.F.A. will then hit us with all the restrictions ie approved coaches and ticket handout etc. I'm up to now going and have a 44 seater bus provisionally booked and two thirds full with ling time block bookers. I'll just forget about the whole thing if the restrictions are as already been said like school day trips to Portrush

7 hours ago, espana82 said:

It'll be just a waiting game until after the double away games are out of the way and depending on expressions of interest the I.F.A. will then hit us with all the restrictions ie approved coaches and ticket handout etc. I'm up to now going and have a 44 seater bus provisionally booked and two thirds full with ling time block bookers. I'll just forget about the whole thing if the restrictions are as already been said like school day trips to Portrush

I have a hotel booked with free cancellation, if it’s a school trip I’ll just sack it. 

17 hours ago, SectionE said:

I have a hotel booked with free cancellation, if it’s a school trip I’ll just sack it. 

All this talk of "school trips" and Dublin reminds me of when I was at primary school, and the Master wanted to organise a trip for us to Belfast. (It was a big deal then, believe me).

Anyhow, he approached the head of the local Catholic primary school to see if we could combine numbers with them (two small schools, might have got more funding from the Education Authority?)

Said Head would only countenance a trip to Dublin, and including Kilmainham Gaol at that. (I guess the Guinness Brewery was out of the question. You know, a Prod-owned business and all that)

Guess which political party he belonged to?

P.S. We ended up going to Belfast Zoo, with a visit to Armagh Planetarium en route.