OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

2 tickets purchased. God I'd love to beat them

I take it this information has been emailed to people who expressed an interest? I didn't, hence no contact...but of course I'm wondering what could be done in the case of a change of mind ?

11 minutes ago, P.McCarroll said:

I take it this information has been emailed to people who expressed an interest? I didn't, hence no contact...but of course I'm wondering what could be done in the case of a change of mind ?

The email says that my ticket will be “released” if I don’t buy it by 1st Nov. It doesn’t explicitly say for general sale but you’d think that’s what would happen for unsold tickets?

1 hour ago, sinti said:

2 tickets purchased. God I'd love to beat them

And why not, everyone else is?

52 minutes ago, faircountyboy said:

The email says that my ticket will be “released” if I don’t buy it by 1st Nov. It doesn’t explicitly say for general sale but you’d think that’s what would happen for unsold tickets?

Why would anyone then have to produce a campaign card when collecting if those who aren't holders can then apply?

9 minutes ago, buckfast_kid said:

Why would anyone then have to produce a campaign card when collecting if those who aren't holders can then apply?

Having a campaign card isn’t a normal condition of getting an away ticket although I appreciate this isn’t a normal game. 

4 minutes ago, faircountyboy said:

Having a campaign card isn’t a normal condition of getting an away ticket although I appreciate this isn’t a normal game. 

Having to produce your CC is a way of 

1) restricting who can buy tickets

2) knowing who is going to make it easier to identify people if needs be

And 3) the knowledge that if you're a naughty boy in Mexico you will risk your future entitlement to said campaign card.

Does look strange. Released to who? A non campaign card holder?

I haven't really been following this as I've no interest in going, but are the IFA going to put away tickets on general sale?

3 minutes ago, distillery_till_i_die said:

They don't have names for individual campaign card holders anyway, do they? I think with ours, it's just the main campaign card holders name they have.

Campaign cards don't have names, but the IFA asked for the names of all campaign card holders from the lead card holders when initially purchasing them. So when ordering tickets for Mexico they could cross check if they could be arsed.

8 minutes ago, Tarabonga said:

Does look strange. Released to who? A non campaign card holder?

I haven't really been following this as I've no interest in going, but are the IFA going to put away tickets on general sale?

On second look it says “released... and will no longer be available for purchase” so you’re probably right that they won’t go on general sale

in their email the IFA said that "travel plans will be requested in advance"    what does that mean -  if you intend to drive down in your car do you have to inform them of that ??