OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

29 minutes ago, Tarabonga said:

They said the same for Austria and Bosnia and didn't follow through.

Agreed. I'm not the lead BB. He cannot always go to away matches. Up until around half way through the last campaign I always applied for the away tickets. I received all the relevant emails etc. Then, I was airbrushed from the IFA records. My 23 points wasn't enough for the Swiss away match. (Fortunately Turin supplied be with home end tickets.) ( I know the this is not relevant but I'm still pissed at the IFA.)

My lead BB applied for our tickets for the matches in Vienna and Sarajevo. I was told I needed all sorts of things, (His name , A/C No. all travel confirmation etc.) to enable me to collect the tickets. In the event all I needed was the lead BB's name.

All this faff for a drive down South. I' go across the border regularly on my own steam without a second thought. Why do the IFA seem to always want to make us jump through hoops for tickets for away games lately? 

I would very much doubt that they would. Their thinking would probably (rightly) be that the fewer who travel the better.

38 minutes ago, dana82 said:

Give the FAI £41 towards their budget? No chance.

Especially when home tickets are priced at 15 euro on ticketmaster.

Have to say it's only the pisstake of a price that's putting me off right now. Filling in vague travel details on a form and collecting tickets from a set location isn't really a problem, and probably to be expected.

But being subject to an inflated price for a friendly in a half empty stadium is not on.

20 hours ago, hughes18 said:

Man United do it for all European away games and are slowly introducing it for the odd domestic away game too this season.

Tottenham fans have to collect tickets and wristbands in Eindhoven for the PSV game tomorrow.

11 hours ago, kerbdog said:

Why do the IFA seem to always want to make us jump through hoops for tickets for away games lately? 

So they know where the tickets are going?

1 hour ago, PeteM said:

Especially when home tickets are priced at 15 euro on ticketmaster.

Have to say it's only the pisstake of a price that's putting me off right now. Filling in vague travel details on a form and collecting tickets from a set location isn't really a problem, and probably to be expected.

But being subject to an inflated price for a friendly in a half empty stadium is not on.

To be fair that is U16 tickets at that price adult tickets are €65 I think tickets are well overpriced for a 'friendly' but if IFA allocate me one I will probably still be there to cheer on my country. And as stated would love to beat them especially in their own back yard!!

1 hour ago, Richardh said:

Tottenham fans have to collect tickets and wristbands in Eindhoven for the PSV game tomorrow.

I think the English teams have learned their lesson Richard.

Me and Alan ordered tickets for our game in Athens in 2001 but never had any intention of going and then the game was cancelled due to 'September 11' the day before however United (in a benevolent move not like them) send everyone who had applied for tickets £150 for any inconvenience caused by cancelled flights, trains etc - I was happy enough to accept it and it paid for our tickets for the rest of the campaign ?

1 hour ago, Richardh said:

Cracking place by the way if you are going Richard with the longest street of bars in any town/city in Holland - thoroughly enjoyed it although my record of two defeats and one draw in three visits should say to the contrary!!

4 hours ago, omaghexile said:

To be fair that is U16 tickets at that price adult tickets are €65 I think tickets are well overpriced for a 'friendly' but if IFA allocate me one I will probably still be there to cheer on my country. And as stated would love to beat them especially in their own back yard!!

Didn't even notice the U16 bit, I'm just too skeptical!

I'll probably end up buying a ticket. It just stings when it's not justified at that price.

10 hours ago, Richardh said:

So they know where the tickets are going?

I know where my tickets are going and it's all legit. But it used to be that a NI away trip itinerary could have been sorted months in advance. But with Bosnia and now with a match 75 mile down the road from me I'm awaiting special special instructions a la Ethan Hunt from 'Mission Impossible'. Is there really that much interest in this one from our end given that it's a friendly and the price they're stroking us for...?

I expressed interest for 15 tickets which are sitting in our TicketB@stard account. We have had 5 pulling out and probably another one or two. Seriously thinking of watching it on T.V. somewhere (if its on) and spending the 41 quid on booze