OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

3 minutes ago, espana82 said:

Seriously thinking of watching it on T.V. somewhere (if its on) and spending the 41 quid on booze

It's on Sky Sports.

1 hour ago, Richardh said:

It's on Sky Sports.

Thought so but didn't bother checking because I was sure that I was going, not so sure now

On 10/23/2018 at 3:48 PM, PeteM said:

Didn't even notice the U16 bit, I'm just too skeptical!

I'll probably end up buying a ticket. It just stings when it's not justified at that price.

Almost all the adult tickets for sale are 45 and 65 euro.

Now for recent games v Wales and Denmark thousands of tickets were doled out free to clubs and leagues.  

I'd expect very few match tickets to be sold south of the border.  An FAI season ticket is significantly cheaper than going match by match.  This game is still given to those who chose not to renew over the summer.        My view based on anecdotal evidence is that "one off" sales are mainly going to RoI fans from NI.  

The 2 other block bookers who I go to matches with aren't going but took a notion last night and booked a place on a local supporters bus. 

I was one of the 100 or so who ignored the boycott last time.  It was sh*t.  Hoping this one is a bit better! 

In the end I couldn't resist an away match 100 miles down the road and the possibility of watching us beat the ROI in Dublin. 

Am assuming they'll be a couple of thousand of us at least and we should create a decent atmosphere!

Just booked train £35 return from Coleraine, sure that’s ok. 

Wee carry out on way and decent price for hotel in Temple Bar 

sorted. 

12 hours ago, J.Q. said:

Just booked train £35 return from Coleraine, sure that’s ok. 

Wee carry out on way and decent price for hotel in Temple Bar 

sorted. 

Good luck with that JQ.

Remember heading down to one of the games down there by train and I'm sure we were nearly the only two N Ireland supporters on it - you'll find a 'lovely' bunch getting on at what was Central Station when the dregs of the Markets and the Short Strand empty and pile onto the train (don't have your colours in view on the way down unless you want to suffer two hours of torment).

2 hours ago, stephenrowley1 said:

Remember heading down to one of the games down there by train and I'm sure we were nearly the only two N Ireland supporters on it - you'll find a 'lovely' bunch getting on at what was Central Station when the dregs of the Markets and the Short Strand empty and pile onto the train (don't have your colours in view on the way down unless you want to suffer two hours of torment).

Maybe he should wear a Half & Half scarf?

I'm sure there's something about in the GFA, you know, 'parity of esteem' and all that...:whistling:

1 minute ago, EalingGreen said:

Maybe he should wear a Half & Half scarf?

I'm sure there's something about in the GFA, you know, 'parity of esteem' and all that...:whistling:

Forgot about that EG, everything should be 'rosy in the garden' then!!

1 minute ago, stephenrowley1 said:

Forgot about that EG, everything should be 'rosy in the garden' then!!

I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden...

What is this, the Hugo Duncan Country 'n' Showband hour? 

10 minutes ago, Floreat Ultonia said:

What is this, the Hugo Duncan Country 'n' Showband hour? 

A wee bit of nostalgia never hurt anyone 'FU' ?

Indeed.

Anyhow, about these 5,000 half and half scarves I've ordered, d'ya think will it be enough, or should I order some more?

(They've got a pic of James McClean on one end, with Kyle Lafferty on the other)