OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Sell Out v Austria?

On 9/28/2018 at 3:14 PM, RichardM said:

Only 500 tickets left for the Austria game at Windsor Park according to the IFA, some going if true. 

I've just received an email from the IFA, offering Hospitality Tickets in the Billy Bingham Lounge at £97.

Yet when I "Click Here to Book", rather than a regular booking page on a website, it just gives the email address 'hospitality@irishfa.com' - no details, format, further info or anything, very unprofessional.

I then took a separate look for tickets on the ticketmaster.ie site, where those hospitality tickets still appear. Thing is, there are also maybe 250(?) £50 tickets available dotted around the North Stand (plus 7 x £40 tickets in the South Stand).

I assume that the reason they are using an email application for the hospitality tickets is because if they direct people to ticketmaster, they'll also see the £40 or £50 tickets and book those instead.

But committed fans will already have secured their tickets at their preferred price, so what less committed/last minute booker is going to pay £97? It will be hard enough to sell cheaper tickets at this late stage, without "hiding" them while trying to sell dearer tickets.

If* they really were down to 500 tickets by the end of September, they've barely sold half of those in the 6 or 7 weeks since, why haven't they been bombarding people on their email list before now?

They surely must have a better chance of selling any remaining hospitality places once all the cheaper tickets have already been sold - this way they'll do neither.

Bonkers! :wacko:

* - I know, I know...

5 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

I've just received an email from the IFA, offering Hospitality Tickets in the Billy Bingham Lounge at £97.

Yet when I "Click Here to Book", rather than a regular booking page on a website, it just gives the email address 'hospitality@irishfa.com' - no details, format, further info or anything, very unprofessional.

I then took a separate look for tickets on the ticketmaster.ie site, where those hospitality tickets still appear. Thing is, there are also maybe 250(?) £50 tickets available dotted around the North Stand (plus 7 x £40 tickets in the South Stand).

I assume that the reason they are using an email application for the hospitality tickets is because if they direct people to ticketmaster, they'll also see the £40 or £50 tickets and book those instead.

But committed fans will already have secured their tickets at their preferred price, so what less committed/last minute booker is going to pay £97? It will be hard enough to sell cheaper tickets at this late stage, without "hiding" them while trying to sell dearer tickets.

If* they really were down to 500 tickets by the end of September, they've barely sold half of those in the 6 or 7 weeks since, why haven't they been bombarding people on their email list before now?

They surely must have a better chance of selling any remaining hospitality places once all the cheaper tickets have already been sold - this way they'll do neither.

Bonkers! :wacko:

* - I know, I know...

But you get a Lanyard included in that price of £97. That would have sold it for me EG :lol::lol::lol:

13 minutes ago, D Coop Ulster said:

But you get a Lanyard included in that price of £97. That would have sold it for me EG :lol::lol::lol:

I didn't even get that far - I just saw the "gourmet burger" and that was me sold! :thumbsup:

(My burger better have Hellmans on it, none of that cheap rubbish mayo from Iceland)

On 11/13/2018 at 9:31 AM, gawa11 said:

3 single tickets available for the Austria game.
North Upper block R
North Upper block L
West stand block D

are you selling these gawa11, of so how whats the cheapest for 1 ?

What, there’s still tickets left?

Someone let all those new fans know.

On 11/15/2018 at 1:46 PM, ulsterscot77 said:

On Sunday night is it the gold campaign card that is used or do you need to print the tickets?

Campaign card is valid