OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Sell Out v Austria?

Only 500 tickets left for the Austria game at Windsor Park according to the IFA, some going if true. 

19 hours ago, RichardM said:

Only 500 tickets left for the Austria game at Windsor Park according to the IFA, some going if true. 

If the IFA said it, it must be true. They've never spoofed about such things before.

Surprised there's any left at this late stage, what with all the new fans from the Bosnia and Israel games scrambling for tickets

On 9/29/2018 at 6:56 PM, Richardh said:

Why was interest so (relatively) low for the Bosnia game compared to this one? 

Good question Richard , I fully believed there would be more demand than tickets , but I've been wrong before .

On 9/29/2018 at 6:56 PM, Richardh said:

Why was interest so (relatively) low for the Bosnia game compared to this one? 

After Bosnia, people have realised Nations Cup games matter and aren't glorified friendlies?

More suitable kick off time than Bosnia? I know some guys from the NW that weren't happy at having to come up for the 2pm KO.

2 hours ago, eightball said:

More suitable kick off time than Bosnia? I know some guys from the NW that weren't happy at having to come up for the 2pm KO.

Not doubting you, eightball, but with nowhere in NI being more than 2 1/2 hours from Belfast (tops), is it really an imposition for them to get up an hour earlier than usual and set off sometime after 11?

I suppose getting back home an hour earlier was extra hassle to cope with, too... :lol: 

17 hours ago, EalingGreen said:

Not doubting you, eightball, but with nowhere in NI being more than 2 1/2 hours from Belfast (tops), is it really an imposition for them to get up an hour earlier than usual and set off sometime after 11?

I suppose getting back home an hour earlier was extra hassle to cope with, too... :lol: 

My brother was able to make it down from the same part of the world without any hassle or complaints. Presumably they were getting hassle from their other halves for disappearing off to Belfast all day on a Saturday???

Some fans are fickle and a lot of complete buck eejits. It could be because we basically caned Bosnia-Herzegovina and Israel in the last two matches and were brilliant entertainment to watch (despite somehow losing the first match), so now they want a piece of it.

Plus we normally smash 5 goals past Austria when we play them in November. Incidentally Michael O'Neill double onion bagged them that night.

3 single tickets available for the Austria game.
North Upper block R
North Upper block L
West stand block D