OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

Squad v Austria (A) and Bosnia (A)

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Looks like he's keen to retire himself. The length of our memories won't help us to win these two games. France is in the past. If he doesn't want to or can't play now for whatever reason, we have to move on without him. It's for other forwards to step up.

Why do you think he's keen to retire himself ? Surely he would have just said he's retiring then 

Michael doesn’t sound happy. If there’s not a good reason for pulling out of the squad so late he can f**k right off.

Kyle saying he pulled out because of an achilles problem and Rangers saying that's not correct and he's fit according to Mark Mcintosh. 

if there was a valid reason mentioned on the call (bereavement, sick child etc) Michael would have mentioned it. I think it`s clear from the wording of O`Neils statement his rationale is flimsy at best.

Lafferty has always been a bell-end lets be honest. when Craig Levin was asked how Laffertys departure would affect the Hearts team he replied "the teams average IQ will shoot up" and thats the general consensus of anyone thats met him. 

Before we had no one else but maybe now we can afford to show him some hard love. He was appalling against Bosnia anyway. 

The old one about the frog and the scorpion comes to mind.

Still think he has a part to play for us, but he Is far from our only option and has not impressed for us of late.  Let's see how it goes this weekend...

3 hours ago, hughes18 said:

I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt, especially given his well-known issues with addiction and mental health in the past. 

It's not ideal, but the guy is still our second top scorer of all time and one of (if not the) primary reason we all went to France. An awful lot of people seem keen to retire him already. Short memories.

I certainly don't have a short memory, I'm angry about this situation precisely because I still consider him a pivotal member of the squad, and would always start him when anywhere near on form....he is letting us down massively here, and I hope there is good reason for it.

EDIT: apparently not, if he's self-diagnosing himself with injuries. Imagine not wanting to play for your country and revelling instead in the old-firm cesspool, ffs.

1 hour ago, exhausted said:

Why do you think he's keen to retire himself ? Surely he would have just said he's retiring then 

That's what sensible people do. This is Kyle.

Happy to let Michael deal with it. 

Kyle clearly didn't fancy the matches which I find disappointing and surprising.  Does he like a lot of supporters consider these games 'glorified friendlies'?

But kyle's done a hell of a lot for us over the years and he's still got alot to offer if his attitude is right.  No point going full 'lynch mob' on him.

47 minutes ago, Rod said:

Happy to let Michael deal with it. 

Kyle clearly didn't fancy the matches which I find disappointing and surprising.  Does he like a lot of supporters consider these games 'glorified friendlies'?

But kyle's done a hell of a lot for us over the years and he's still got alot to offer if his attitude is right.  No point going full 'lynch mob' on him.

Don’t think it’s a lynch mob Rod but clearly it doesn’t look great in terms of what Michael O’Neill has said. Yes he has done a lot for us but then again so have many others. Contrast this with Hughes and McAuley who could easily have stepped down but continue to make themselves available. Lafferty is clearly fit. Unless there is a personal issue it would then appear that  he simply can’t be arsed. If that is the case then he is letting us all down. Hope I’m wrong but the signs aren’t good.

A lot of people on here are very quick to stick the knife in. I'd prefer to wait and pass judgement when all the facts are available. If Kyle has declared himself unfit then we have to take him at his word. The decent thing for him to have done was travel and get assessed by the IFA medical staff.

I hope we get to see him back in the squad and playing in November.

1 hour ago, Norniron1989 said:

Some lunatics on here completely over reacting, just wait and see before you automatically jump to the worst conclusions.

+1. 

What i wouldn't  like to see is people giving him abuse when/if he does come back to play for us. We all know he makes stupid decisions, lets hope this is just another one of them. If/when he comes back let him prove  that he deserves to be in the squad by showing a good attitude and not walking straight back in to the team, maybe that way he can earn some respect from the fans.

It really is a strange decision from him given his comments about how professional things now are at Rangers, how much he is enjoying things there and how much fitter he feels from that.  

Some lunatics on here completely over reacting, just wait and see before you automatically jump to the worst conclusions.

Yeah, better to wait until we know the full story before passing judgement. I have never doubted his commitment. Sometimes he has even been a bit OTT, clutching the badge during the anthem etc. 

I am surprised at MON having reacted in the way in which he has, which is what has led us to believe that there is an issue rather than Kyle's lack of availability. The story will come out eventually and we can make a rational judgement.

Agree we should wait and see but i would of thought MON quite right to be annoyed that Kyle pulled out with injury and yet Rangers people say he is fit .