OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Team Formation v Austria

I'm raging about Big Kyle.  If all of our forwards were on form he would always be my top pick but he has let himself and the team down on so many occasions.  If he wasn't such a tube he would be much closer to Sir David's tally (not that he deserves to be) but he seems to be a complete numpty.  Magennis for me has never ever looked like a goal threat,  Grigg would get too isolated playing on his own I feel and lacks pace.  I'm loving the style of play we're adopting at present and Bosnia was probably our best performance at Windsor in the last 4 or 5 years but I'm not sure where the goals are going to come from?  I think 4-3-3 is the way to go and I hope Dallas can replicate his most recent displays.  

I think he'll stick with our tried and tested formation. Team could be something like this:

Peacock-Farrell

McNair     Cathcart     J.Evans     Lewis

Magennis      Davis    Norwood      Saville       Dallas

Grigg

With McGinn and Ward out, I think he'll opt for the experience and power of Magennis rather than young Whyte. And I think he should keep Dallas in his more familiar left wing position. 

Bit worried though at Grigg being on his own at centre forward. Great goalscorer but perhaps lacks the athleticism to play that sole striker role?

14 minutes ago, lisbellawloyal said:

Grigg won’t start as a lone striker.

I thought that but if he starts Magennis in a five man midfield along with Dallas O'Neill may fancy him in the poacher role to pick up the scraps.

1 hour ago, lisbellawloyal said:

Grigg won’t start as a lone striker.

I know managers never think like us but i would love to see us start with two upfront , in a game which we really need to win to avoid relegation .

I would guess Josh will start up front on his own with Grigg making a show in the second half , possibly with Boyce depending on how the game is going