OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
lisbellawloyal

Post Mortem

Whyte should have been buzzing confidence wise after his debut, I thought it should have been him on instead of Corry Evans which was a hopelessly negative and uninspiring substitution.

Am I the only one getting pissed off with all this talk of a goal drought nonsense. Am pretty sure we scored against Bosnia at home. A whole two matches ago! Whoever started this needs a slap.

8 minutes ago, culchie said:

Am I the only one getting pissed off with all this talk of a goal drought nonsense. Am pretty sure we scored against Bosnia at home. A whole two matches ago! Whoever started this needs a slap.

Away from home it is though and I think the stat from the nation's league so far was 1 goal from 45 shots. That's a worry to me

It's pretty damn good (and unusual I would think) for us to have 45 shots in 3 games, 2 of which were away from home, against similarly ranked teams.

Keep creating the chances and we'll be ok, particularly if we play / have available our most effective strikers.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:22 PM, glens1993 said:

Whyte should have been buzzing confidence wise after his debut, I thought it should have been him on instead of Corry Evans which was a hopelessly negative and uninspiring substitution.

It wasn't that he particularly wanted to bring on CEvans (imo), but that he needed to get Ferguson off and move Dallas over to the left to offer some protection to Lewis, who was playing well, but in danger of being overrun.

Meanwhile, McNair started to attack down the right more as we chased the game, meaning CEvans would provide better cover on that flank than Whyte.

12 hours ago, Tarabonga said:

It's pretty damn good (and unusual I would think) for us to have 45 shots in 3 games, 2 of which were away from home, against similarly ranked teams.

Keep creating the chances and we'll be ok, particularly if we play / have available our most effective strikers.

Shots on goal is a misleading stat, big difference between shots and chances. We had ~25 attempts at home to Bosnia but only a handful of chances. 

33 minutes ago, Richardh said:

Shots on goal is a misleading stat, big difference between shots and chances. We had ~25 attempts at home to Bosnia but only a handful of chances. 

Also misleading the other way - hitting the post is counted as "off-target", which technically it is/has to be. But we had Grigg's header in Vienna and three more in Sarajevo, two of which the gk got nowhere near, the other he just tipped onto the post.

Those are much more indicative of good play than eg a weak shot "on-target" which floats tamely into the gk's arms.

20 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

Also misleading the other way - hitting the post is counted as "off-target", which technically it is/has to be. But we had Grigg's header in Vienna and three more in Sarajevo, two of which the gk got nowhere near, the other he just tipped onto the post.

Those are much more indicative of good play than eg a weak shot "on-target" which floats tamely into the gk's arms.

You mean like Roy Carroll's save from the halfway line at Old Trafford for example ?

Stephen, I think you mean "like Roy Carroll's "save" from the halfway line at Old Trafford for example ?"

On 10/13/2018 at 12:14 PM, hughes18 said:

To the tune of What Shall We Do With A Drunken Sailor...

Who's our new Roy Carroll?

Bailey Peacock-Farrell 

"Bacon Soda Farrell

Bacon Soda Farrell

Bacon Soda Farrell

Ulster's Favourite Breakfast"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGU1BdO7vanoavHlpDTQY