OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
lisbellawloyal

Post Mortem

21 minutes ago, lisbellawloyal said:

One up front (particularly Magennis) doesn’t seem to work.

100% agree, a complete waste of time, we have little attacking threat playing this way, if MON wants the 3 in the middle of the pitch, then play a 3-5-2 with McNair as a right sided cb, Dallas wide on the right and with Lewis wide on the left, that allows you to play Grigg + 1 Other.

We need to go for broke now. Bosnia aren't goid enough to warrant one up front. Grigg to start as he seems to be our biggest goal threat.

I feel like I've seen that same game a hundred times watching Northern Ireland. Battle hard, defend well, start to make chances , don't take the chances, concede on the counter. You'd think I'd be used to it by now but felt like a massive boot in the balls 

1 minute ago, RaveDave said:

100% agree, a complete waste of time, we have little attacking threat playing this way, if MON wants the 3 in the middle of the pitch, then play a 3-5-2 with McNair as a right sided cb, Dallas wide on the right and with Lewis wide on the left, that allows you to play Grigg + 1 Other.

I think M’ON would have been left shocked by Big G’s club situation and how he wasn’t tied up to a contract in July.

I’m intrigued to see how we line up on Monday.

Defeat and it is relegation for us 

3-5-2 is our best formation need big G back ASAP

game came to life in 2nd half, McNair, Davis. and Grigg all could have scored

soft goal again as V Bosnia to concede

31 minutes ago, lisbellawloyal said:

One up front (particularly Magennis) doesn’t seem to work.

This and this again. We need 2 up front on Monday.  Grigg was on for 12 minutes and came closest to scoring.

The 2nd qualifier in a row were we deserved at least a draw, three chances and no goals! As has been said, Josh needs a partner up front and it was crying out for Grigg at half time, whilst gutted at the defeat there is still 4 or 5 players on single figure caps so this is all good experience for them. 

Re-Bosnia game-Hughes or Flanagan in back 3 with Evans & Cathcart, allowing McNair/Dallas & Lewis to get forward

Grigg & Magennis up front assuming Boyce is injured?

This nations league thing is dopey, so I’m not arsed about relegation, but we were poor all over the park tonight. If I’m Liam Boyce, putting my time in for years, and some random stranger is getting off the bench ahead of me, I’d knock it on the head. Vassell looked clueless, caught under the ball like a Sunday league player. I suppose the only way is up.

Friendlies are sh*te! 

9 minutes ago, Villa Mike said:

This nations league thing is dopey, so I’m not arsed about relegation, but we were poor all over the park tonight. If I’m Liam Boyce, putting my time in for years, and some random stranger is getting off the bench ahead of me, I’d knock it on the head. Vassell looked clueless, caught under the ball like a Sunday league player. I suppose the only way is up.

Friendlies are sh*te! 

Boyce was injured and couldn't play, its now been confirmed as well that Grigg is probably out of the Bosnia game after his injury tonight, so you might be seeing Vassell on Monday night. Thats a very harsh judgement on Vassell based on 15 minutes.

A strange game. Could easily have nicked a win if we had taken our chances.

The goal we conceded was a comedy of errors. Looked like two midfielders fell over exposing our defence, then both fullbacks made poor decisions.

Some positives though:

- Bailey Peacock-Farrell made a couple of nice saves and will have benefited from the experience

- Jamal Lewis looks a great find and his partnership with Dallas looks promising

- Will Grigg looked sharp when he came on. Deserves a start against Bosnia

Does anyone know if we are in any danger of f**king our rankings/pots due to our results thus far in Autumn 2018?

29 minutes ago, RaveDave said:

Boyce was injured and couldn't play, its now been confirmed as well that Grigg is probably out of the Bosnia game after his injury tonight, so you might be seeing Vassell on Monday night. Thats a very harsh judgement on Vassell based on 15 minutes.

That’s fair enough then. I wouldn’t have brought him on before Grigg though. Both Vassell and Magennis were sh*te. That’s not to say they won’t be ok at some other point.