OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
exhausted

Line up/match thread

1 minute ago, exhausted said:

Jesus f**king Christ 

Play him up front. 

Not able to watch this game but going by the reports on here we seem to have had a few decent chances. Goals win games and sometime when your luck out it`s out, even if some of the chances are good ones. Our present run of results isn't far away from what it was like when Micael came in, played some good stuff but did not getting the results. This down turn in results will change, Michael will sort things out and the experience gained by the new players will be good for them.

Keep the faith good times will return. :owc:

They’ve a £30m striker to finish their chances, that was pretty much the difference. Decent effort from NI. Really need one of our strikers to step up in the qualifiers. From what I’ve seen in these games I’d give Grigg the opportunity.

Agree VM. I’m not sure we should dress up inability to finish as bad luck- that’s a Sammy Mac-ism. Perhaps Grigg can be the man.

Could do with Lafferty sorting himself out and Big G getting up to standard because we just don’t have goalscorers in the squad. 

Vassell looks hopeless- 0 goals in the championship merits 2 caps?? The new Sean Webb/ Johnny Gorman?

4 minutes ago, Villa Mike said:

They’ve a £30m striker to finish their chances, that was pretty much the difference. Decent effort from NI. Really need one of our strikers to step up in the qualifiers. From what I’ve seen in these games I’d give Grigg the opportunity.

Agree with that. What do we have to lose giving him a proper go at it.

4 minutes ago, Villa Mike said:

I'd add Paul Smyth into the mix, hopefully he can get some game time or at least a loan in January. 

6 minutes ago, Villa Mike said:

I'd like to see if we can get Boyce and Grigg playing as a pair 

Lewis oh dear.

Whyte oh dear oh dear.

This Nations League campaign will live long in the memory - for all the f*ck ups.

We're going through a blue patch but we're playing well in the process. We've honestly had no luck whatsoever in each of the the three games- I do think the experience will stand us and the new players well once the qualifiers get going.

4 minutes ago, Healy74 said:

We're going through a blue patch but we're playing well in the process. We've honestly had no luck whatsoever in each of the the three games- I do think the experience will stand us and the new players well once the qualifiers get going.

true though of  the goalposts were just a few cms wider we would have got something out of that double header

Its our defence numerous mistakes that im worried about