OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Good_Seasons_NI

Scotland

I know what you mean. The amount of cry offs and injuries they have had is mad. The bad performances and results haven't helped. They could do with a couple of wins.

I wouldn't want them to win a raffle, their media is worse than the English, they have a hugely inflated sense of their importance to the football world.

9 hours ago, RaveDave said:

I wouldn't want them to win a raffle, their media is worse than the English, they have a hugely inflated sense of their importance to the football world.

Agree 100% and you get the feeling the support is now infested with SNP supporting nutters.  Liked them in the 90s, but don't care for any of the home nation's when it comes to sport these days.

So a poor Scotland team gets more points than equally poor Albania and Israel teams, and is suddenly in a semi-final amongst other poor teams for a Euro 2020 place. Just doesn't seem right?

That's the rules, and I wouldn't be too quick to knock it. We'd have loved to have had such an opportunity in the not so distant past and will be grateful of this set up at some stage in future.

2 hours ago, DerekNI said:

+1

+2 and also agree with the SNP and media comments

2 hours ago, ourweebangor said:

So a poor Scotland team gets more points than equally poor Albania and Israel teams, and is suddenly in a semi-final amongst other poor teams for a Euro 2020 place. Just doesn't seem right?

Just the luck of the draw. Despite our inability to score, I've enjoyed the new tournament overall

2 minutes ago, exhausted said:

Just the luck of the draw. Despite our inability to score, I've enjoyed the new tournament overall

we had a tough group, was thinking we could have won all 3 games or at least drew them

Performances have been good with results going against us due bad luck/poor finishing, hopefully we finish on a high today

not too concerned about Scotland, though don't mind seeing British teams win

12 hours ago, RaveDave said:

Couldn’t agree more

I've read a lot of comments online from Scotland fans after their 4-0 win & our winless Nations League campaign saying that they've dodged a bullet with Michael O'Neill & that he's been totally found out & he must be kicking himself that he turned Scotland down.

Dunno about you lot, but I'd much rather outplay top level opposition* in these weird pseudo-competitive games & have a crop of about half a dozen decent prospects coming through than have 9 players withdrawing from the squad & papering over the cracks with a win against effing Albania!!

(*admittedly I'd like to have beaten them too, or at least got a point!)