OUR WEE COUNTRY

I'd reckon so.

Also interesting that a country with a host city can only be drawn against one other host country to ensure that all hosts have a chance of qualifying (i.e. the republic can't draw both Spain and Germany). That's good for the republic and Scotland but means there's more chance of us getting a tougher group.

Anyone know when the FAs will meet to agree the fixtures, once the draw has been made?

1 minute ago, KCNI said:

Anyone know when the FAs will meet to agree the fixtures, once the draw has been made?

Do they not do it that day since they are all there for the draw? 

They don't. Fixtures are now automatically generated by UEFA.

This was also the case for the last draw, but I can't recall how soon they did this.

And I'll be on a plane to / stuck in Fuerteventura that day instead of sitting beside my computer with Skyscanner waiting patiently for news......

I know, bad planning on my part :angry:

22 minutes ago, Tarabonga said:

And I'll be on a plane to / stuck in Fuerteventura that day instead of sitting beside my computer with Skyscanner waiting patiently for news......

Similarly I'll be at a Bundesliga 2 game during the draw before flying back from Dusseldorf. Hoping for a quiet Monday morning in work to get on Skyscanner.

I'll be in the San Siro watching AC Milan v Parma. If memory serves, I think the last draw (for the Nations League) saw the fixtures confirmed within a couple of hours? I recall booking a flight on the tram home from work.

EDIT: Just looked back and the fixtures were confirmed at around 5pm the day of the last draw.

3 minutes ago, Richardh said:

Duisburg. Was going to do Koln on the Saturday but got tickets for Dortmund.

Nice one. I'd love to get over to Germany for a match again sometime.

12 minutes ago, eightball said:

Nice one. I'd love to get over to Germany for a match again sometime.

We could get them in the draw of course.

(you can usually find cheap flights from Dublin to Germany, and if the fixtures fall right you can get two or three games in a weekend)

2 hours ago, Tarabonga said:

I know, bad planning on my part :angry:

I'm sure the sunshine will cheer you up

And I heard they have the internet there now too ;)

3 hours ago, Tarabonga said:

2 hours ago, Richardh said:

Similarly I'll be at a Bundesliga 2 game during the draw before flying back from Dusseldorf.

2 hours ago, hughes18 said:

I'll be in the San Siro watching AC Milan v Parma. 

Must have been a lot of cheap flights about for that weekend.

We were chatting about the draw in Dublin on Thursday and how there's not very many countries we could draw and know exactly where the away game will be. So perhaps not as big a need to book early as you might think.

Same wishlist for me as for every draw: no home nations, no RoI, somewhere new, somewere nice.