OUR WEE COUNTRY
Clint

Euro 2020 Qualifying Draw

What's the betting the fixture computer sees us finish the campaign with a Friendly date on 14-16 November, to be followed by a dead rubber in Minsk a few days later?

Whoop-di-doo.

Not.

1 minute ago, BringBackShaggy said:

Top two.

So, after not having won a competitive game in over 18 months, we just have to finish ahead of the Germans or a resurgent Netherlands.  

Why all the negativity? :think:

Thinking about it more that rule about host nations has added an extra level of seeding really hasn't it

Right, here's a wee tip if you want to finance your trip to Germany.

I went to the beer festival in Stuttgart for a few days before our game in Hannover and I  brought a few 'Will Grigg' t-shirts which I bought for two quid in Primark and I handed them out in one of the beer tents - had I managed to bring 5,000 of them with me I could have sold them in about half and hour as I was nearly raped for them as the man in more popular in Germany than that bitch Merkel (wouldn't be hard I suppose).

1 minute ago, BringBackShaggy said:

June.

Ah. 

Does that mean we won't have friendlies on those dates?

Or will it be another trip to Central America?

Meanwhile, it's just occurred that two competitive games fewer means less revenue for the five team groups. Which I daresay Neth and Ger can withstand, but it does nought for the IFA.

Estonia and Belarus both winter venues so we are less likely (although not impossible) to play them in March/November. They are to play as few as possible home games in March/November

8 minutes ago, BringBackShaggy said:

June.

RTE saying not necessarily June?

Struggling to follow the Nations League thing.  If all our group qualify automatically, we might be allocated a playoff spot?  But are they doled out based on UEFA coefficient, or Nations League (1-55) ranking?

2 minutes ago, norniron93 said:

Estonia and Belarus both winter venues so we are less likely (although not impossible) to play them in March/November. They are to play as few as possible home games in March/November

Does the computer allocate them away matches only in March/November?

If it does, it means home or away double headers for them, rather than a straightfoward one home and one away each match period. 

Just now, EalingGreen said:

Does the computer allocate them away matches only in March/November?

If it does, it means home or away double headers for them, rather than a straightfoward one home and one away each match period. 

Honestly not sure, but came across it as I was reading up on draw possibilites