OUR WEE COUNTRY

4 minutes ago, J.Q. said:

Any idea on time for fixtures?

From UEFA website - " 14:12We are closing down the DrawCentre; look out for the official fixtures being released later today." Just have to keep checking.

28 minutes ago, Sir_Andrew_Beattie said:

Is it 5 or 10% away allocation for this campaign?

Minimum 5%

1 hour ago, EalingGreen said:

When the 3rd seed for Group C was drawn originally, it was our southern chums who came out. But the Draw doesn't permit 3 host nations in the same Group, so ROI were switched to Group D.

Then they drew again for Group C and lo and behold...

Thanks EG

I know we were shafted into the group with Germany and Holland, but Republic's group ain't much easier. Swiss and Denmark tough matches. 

Hard to see us going through automatically but amazing occasions that the fans and players ought to be up for. The expectations are slightly lowered now and that will suit us. In a perfect world we'll play Belarus and Estonia first two matches and get 6 points under our belts- that'll set things up nicely. 

2 minutes ago, Healy74 said:

we'll play Belarus and Estonia first two matches and get 6 points under out belts- that set things up nicely. 

Belarus will not be easy, we know what happened before V Estonia but they are a team in decline now

6 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

Belarus will not be easy, we know what happened before V Estonia but they are a team in decline now

If they just look at our results, they will probably be saying the same of us 

Guys don't be so down, we have some big glamorous games on the way and my dream away trip has always been Holland. We can do them at Windsor, the Germans are not what they were and we will draw twice with them, beat the other two home and away and all will be good, plus if it goes tits up Austria and Bosnia will quality so we get our Nations League play off spot! Upwards and onwards GAWA!!! 

13 minutes ago, Healy74 said:

I know we were shafted into the group with Germany and Holland, but Republic's group ain't much easier. Swiss and Denmark tough matches. 

Hard to see us going through automatically but amazing occasions that the fans and players ought to be up for. The expectations are slightly lowered now and that will suit us. In a perfect world we'll play Belarus and Estonia first two matches and get 6 points under our belts- that'll set things up nicely. 

True about the Swiss and the Danes, I'd expect them to qualify, they also have Georgia who are a team on the rise, watched a few of their NL games and they are a good side, I'm also praying for Estonia and Belarus first. 

Just now, red and green said:

Guys don't be so down, we have some big glamorous games on the way and my dream away trip has always been Holland. We can do them at Windsor, the Germans are not what they were and we will draw twice with them, beat the other two home and away and all will be good, plus if it goes tits up Austria and Bosnia will quality so we get our Nations League play off spot! Upwards and onwards GAWA!!! 

I'll have whatever you're on.

5 minutes ago, red and green said:

We do not get a play-off spot if Bosnia and Austria both make it through the Euro 2020 groups. The next best team in League B does that, not the best team in the group these two were in. We are the worst of all 12 teams in League B. We might get a play-off spot, but not because of Austria & Bosnia getting through. Is complicated as hell, though.

8 minutes ago, red and green said:

I’m really trying to adopt that attitude but can’t help feeling that our luck just ain’t getting any better.

4 minutes ago, ARdsfc1 said:

We do not get a play-off spot if Bosnia and Austria both make it through the Euro 2020 groups. The next best team in League B does that, not the best team in the group these two were in. We are the worst of all 12 teams in League B. We might get a play-off spot, but not because of Austria & Bosnia getting through. Is complicated as hell, though.

More on this:

"However, should a nation already have qualified, their place will go to the next highest-ranked team from their Nations League tier. To confuse things further, that will not necessarily be the runners-up in their group".

See https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42719404