OUR WEE COUNTRY

3 minutes ago, dmcc_gfc said:

Taking their sweet time w fixtures...

Are they due out today?

13 minutes ago, ARdsfc1 said:

Hope you're right as it will be a miracle if we finish first or second in the qualifying group.

We are ranked 24th out of 24 in the combined League A & League B rankings, 8 teams are needed to make up the League A & B playoffs, so if 16 teams automatically qualify that leaves only 8 teams left which will all be in the play-offs. As another poster pointed out we can also make them by 8 teams out of League B automatically qualifying.

The Germans have been relatively lucky against us when they were at their best. They arent great now, going through a period of restructuring. I dont fear them, especially at home. Quite simply, take our chances and play our best against them all. The NL allowed new players to come in and get looked at etc so at least they should be able to hit the ground running.

RD is right. The competition structure is bonkers but we know effectively what others need to do on our behalf- ie the 1st and 2nd seeds dont fcuk up too often ;)

I predict 11 League A (not Iceland) and 7 League B (not NI, RoI, Bosnia, Ukraine and Slovakia) will make it with Serbia and Greece. We would then be in League A play off with the South, Iceland and Slovaks. League B play off Ukraine, Bosnia, Israel and Hungary

26 minutes ago, bazza said:

That capitulation in Tallinn was the worst I’d witnessed until the Luxembourg debacle surpassed it. 

I still think Tallinn was worse, Lee Camp should have been made to walk home, and a few others. Any other country would have sacked their manager after that, Nigel probably found "positives" in it, dark days indeed. 

I've been waiting for years to draw the Dutch. I just didn't want to draw Germany at the same time.

Still, you can't beat these teams if you don't play them. 

14 minutes ago, Floreat Ultonia said:

RD is right. The competition structure is bonkers but we know effectively what others need to do on our behalf- ie the 1st and 2nd seeds dont fcuk up too often ;)

I predict 11 League A (not Iceland) and 7 League B (not NI, RoI, Bosnia, Ukraine and Slovakia) will make it with Serbia and Greece. We would then be in League A play off with the South, Iceland and Slovaks. League B play off Ukraine, Bosnia, Israel and Hungary

I was fearing we might get the South in a play aff

Glimpsed on Twitter of a home double header to start in March - Estonia 21st Belarus 24th. NOT CONFIRMED though, Twitter can be wrong. Alot. Often.

4 minutes ago, mervillegawa said:

Glimpsed on Twitter of a home double header to start in March - Estonia 21st Belarus 24th. NOT CONFIRMED though, Twitter can be wrong. Alot. Often.

Thats what you would call the perfect start.... if true. 

21 minutes ago, Floreat Ultonia said:

I hope you're right - we could beat any of those teams.

Actually, I hope you're wrong and we top the group.