OUR WEE COUNTRY

4 minutes ago, jcm said:

You need a visa if you train it from Vilnius to Minsk. This would not be the case if you arrived in Minsk by plane.

Vilinus to Minsk is about €45 on belavia air. cheaper than a train and visa 

7 minutes ago, sinti said:

Flying from Tallinn to Minsk via Riga Sinti which is reasonable enough and does away with the visa restrictions as well - early afternoon arrival on the 10th, book into our 'luxury' hotel then head out and see what Minsk has in store for us.

Got booked up yesterday with all the flights from Dublin to Tallinn via the 'Dam, then onto Minsk and back to Dublin via a wee sneaky night in Warsaw (to see if Jonny will be buying any drink!!) for around three ton so happy enough with that especially as the hotels in all three cities are peanuts :clapping:

56 minutes ago, mervillegawa said:

I think we need some new travel forums opened up!

Done, hopefully. Someone let me know if the permissions are messed up.

54 minutes ago, stephenrowley1 said:

Flying from Tallinn to Minsk via Riga Sinti which is reasonable enough and does away with the visa restrictions as well - early afternoon arrival on the 10th, book into our 'luxury' hotel then head out and see what Minsk has in store for us.

I'm on the same flights as you to Minsk but flying home via Vilinus.

Got myself an apartment in Minsk. Looks the ticket...above a McDonald's 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, EalingGreen said:

Agree completely, esp when you consider £60m in Albania probably equates to about £200m in this country.

Though by the time you take out the bribery, corruption and special interests etc, there's probably less than half of it going on actual concrete and steel.

I thought you'd have had the wit to have knocked your posts about stadium construction budgets on the head by now 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I thought you'd have had the wit to have knocked your posts about stadium construction budgets on the head by now 🤣🤣🤣

A stadium is for life, not just for Christmas... ;)

Just now, EalingGreen said:

A stadium is for life, not just for Christmas... ;)

Certainly not this Christmas 🤣

How much was that Albanian stadium by the time they added on "safety systems"? 

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Certainly not this Christmas 🤣

How much was that Albanian stadium by the time they added on "safety systems"? 

The mistake was not being late for the original deadline, but in setting the deadline so early.

Having watched the process since the beginning, I remain genuinely astonished that they got so far so quickly.

Of course, the question remains of who will have to pay for the missed deadline, but I'd be very surprised if Daniel Levy hadn't imposed penalties for failure to complete.

"This too shall pass"

Edit: Sorry for dragging this thread off topic everyone.

OK, we'll let the thread get back on track. I'm bored of mocking Tottenham this week.

Spoke to the manager of the Dutch fans team yesterday, he said the game could be in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Eindhoven, but at the time didn't know which.

1 hour ago, sinti said:

A shame though, nice to see the lay of the land with short train journeys, like the Sarajevo to Mostar ride.

1 hour ago, sinti said:

I'm on the same flights as you to Minsk but flying home via Vilinus.

Got myself an apartment in Minsk. Looks the ticket...above a McDonald's 

😉

See you there.

9 hours ago, dana82 said:

Thnaks for this Gary. Really isn't within the realms of possibility then that we will still get a playoff spot even if finish 3rd. Unreal. I'd say there are 13 x certainties there, so we would just need 3 more. 

Just to clarify you get the playoff if you finish 3rd,4th or 5th provided 16 higher ranked teams qualify directly.  Obviously finishing 1st or 2nd means no playoff.  😀  

So, being in a group of 5, that'll give us 2 free matchdays that we must fill with friendlies.  I assume there'd only be about 4 or 5 other UEFA nations not playing those days, anyone worked them out yet or will I get a spreadsheet out later?

46 minutes ago, the_hawk said:

So, being in a group of 5, that'll give us 2 free matchdays that we must fill with friendlies.  I assume there'd only be about 4 or 5 other UEFA nations not playing those days, anyone worked them out yet or will I get a spreadsheet out later?

I think that we are missing matchdays 5 and 8, so if I have worked this out the potential friendly opponents would be:

Matchday 5: Georgia, Hungary, Montenegro, Luxembourg

Matchday 8: Slovakia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Luxembourg.