OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Euro 2020 Qualifying Draw

12 minutes ago, Rod said:

Rubbish friendly.  Tickets would need to be cheap and freebies handed out to youth groups to get a half respectable crowd.

Only 4 UEFA teams available, needed a game and it had to be at home. Limited options. 

24 minutes ago, Rod said:

Rubbish friendly.  Tickets would need to be cheap and freebies handed out to youth groups to get a half respectable crowd.

From the fans pov, certainly (esp on a school night), but maybe a handy enough wee loosener for Michael and the team before the big one on the Monday?

One more reason to get off to a flying start in the four opening games.

1 hour ago, hughes18 said:

We owe those bastards.

Six years on and it mightn't be too different a line-up from that which screwed up in Luxembourg:

Carroll, JEvans, Hodson, DLafferty, McAuley, Ferguson, McGinn, Davis, Norwood, Ward, Paterson (O'Connor, McKay and Grigg off the bench)

10 Sept 2013 - Luxembourg 3 v 2 NI, Att. 1,114

And Hughes, McGivern, Baird, Brunt, KLafferty and Shiels featured in the home game 12 months previously:

11 Sept. 2012 - NI 1 v 1 Luxembourg, Att. 10,674

1 hour ago, exhausted said:

If the ifa have any wit the tickets will be no more than £20 for this 

correct, this is no big deal can't see this one anywhere nearl selling out

just realised their home game in 2013

was Luxembourg's first home victory in a World Cup qualifier since they beat Turkey 2-0 on 22 October 1972

Northern Ireland will also have another friendly in and around 13 October (opposition and venue TBC).

1 hour ago, exhausted said:

If the ifa have any wit the tickets will be no more than £20 for this 

Zero glamour.  Mid week friendly.  £15 would be plenty.

Interesting that Wales have arranged a friendly with Trinidad & Tobago for their free date on 20 March and are staging it at The Racecourse, Wrexham (capacity 10,700?).

http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/wales-face-trinidad-tobago-racecourse-march/?back=/en/news/&pos=1

They haven't said what prices they'll charge yet, and I know they want to spread games round, but they can't be very confident of drawing a crowd when they didn't go for Swansea's ground (capacity 20k)

Just wondering has an October friendly been announced yet.   I assume it is most likely away given the home friendly in September.    

28 minutes ago, gspain said:

Just wondering has an October friendly been announced yet.   I assume it is most likely away given the home friendly in September.    

No, but I was told it was very likely to be away. There's only 4 UEFA teams available, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Denmark and Luxembourg (who are the September home friendly).

Could be a good away trip that, decent places to visit if it's one of the above and could be a small turnout with everyone already booked for the Holland game.

59 minutes ago, Richardh said:

No, but I was told it was very likely to be away. There's only 4 UEFA teams available, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Denmark and Luxembourg (who are the September home friendly).

Could be a good away trip that, decent places to visit if it's one of the above and could be a small turnout with everyone already booked for the Holland game.

I'd like Denmark as I've not been (he says, trying to save for a wedding). We've played the other two enough recently.

18 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

I'd like Denmark as I've not been (he says, trying to save for a wedding). We've played the other two enough recently.

Of the three, Denmark is liable to be the most expensive once you're out there*, and by some distance.

Either way, none will be so expensive as getting married - and that's even if you were to move there permanently!

* - Flights may be similarly priced, though.

1 hour ago, hughes18 said:

I'd like Denmark as I've not been (he says, trying to save for a wedding).

Get married in Denmark, problem solved.

4 minutes ago, Richardh said:

Get married in Denmark, problem solved.

I think getting engaged in Costa Rica was pushing it far enough!