OUR WEE COUNTRY
Clint

Euro 2020 Qualifying Draw

According to this lot:

"Northern Ireland's final four games in Group C are double headers against Germany and the Netherlands, so they always knew they needed to get off to a strong start. Their back-to-back wins over Estonia and Belarus have seen their chances of finishing in the top two increase from 15% to 29%, according to Gracenote."

And it seems our chances of getting a place in the Play-Offs stand at 50%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47686309

Some more stats from Gracenote here

21 hours ago, EalingGreen said:

According to this lot:

"Northern Ireland's final four games in Group C are double headers against Germany and the Netherlands, so they always knew they needed to get off to a strong start. Their back-to-back wins over Estonia and Belarus have seen their chances of finishing in the top two increase from 15% to 29%, according to Gracenote."

And it seems our chances of getting a place in the Play-Offs stand at 50%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47686309

Some more stats from Gracenote here

I assume the playoff stat factors in the top two chances.  If NI miss out on direct qualification the chances of a playoff are significantly higher.  

If we did somehow get convolutedly qualified for a play off, when would those matches be?

I know I'm a pessimist but would like to keep the dates clear .......just in case ;)

11 minutes ago, Jackie said:

If we did somehow get convolutedly qualified for a play off, when would those matches be?

I know I'm a pessimist but would like to keep the dates clear .......just in case ;)

Semi final game 26th  to 28th of March, finals 29th to 31st of March.

Looking at this analysis 

http://www.football-rankings.info/2019/03/2020-uefa-euro-qualification-10000.html?m=1

They fancy us to qualify for the play offs, where they reckon we'll play Austria & ROI would play Slovakia.

If that were to happen & us & ROI were both to win, we'd end up playing each other in the play off final.

Doesn't bear thinking about.  Let's just beat Germany and the Dutch.

On 12/10/2018 at 4:12 PM, Richardh said:

Michael O’Neill’s side are set to play Luxembourg at the National Football Stadium at Windsor Park on Thursday 5 September next year (19.45) prior to facing Germany in Belfast on Monday 9 September (19.45).

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2018/december/northern-ireland-line-up-friendly-match-ahead-of-germany-qualifier

The IFA sent an email yesterday that included the following ticket information for campaign card holders.

Northern Ireland will face Luxembourg in an International friendly on Thursday 5 September at 7.45pm.

As a Campaign Card holder you can exclusively secure your seats for this fixture. Your priority booking period opens on Monday 20 May and remain open until Monday 27 May. 

Tickets for this fixture start from just £10 for children and £22 for adults*. Further information and the link to access your account manager will be sent to you on Monday 20 May.

*The above prices are exclusive of Ticketmaster charges

Will the stadium be big enough to cope with the demand from new fans wanting to see us play Luxembourg?

On 5/24/2019 at 9:34 PM, GPJim said:

Will the stadium be big enough to cope with the demand from new fans wanting to see us play Luxembourg?

Very little interest from our lot with 82 campaign card holders not taking up the offer of 'their' seat for this match!!  Have never seen the like of it before. 😞

Friendlies are sh*t. Friendlies against Luxembourg are sh*tter. Friendlies against Luxembourg a few days before a big competive match are even sh*tter. 

9 hours ago, The Dowie said:

Friendlies are sh*t. Friendlies against Luxembourg are sh*tter. Friendlies against Luxembourg a few days before a big competive match are even sh*tter. 

Email from the IFA saying there's "huge demand from campaign card holders hoping to secure more tickets or try out a new area of the stadium".

2 hours ago, Richardh said:

Email from the IFA saying there's "huge demand from campaign card holders hoping to secure more tickets or try out a new area of the stadium".

I got that, and have to say it's Trumpian swagger brightened up my morning ;) 

I forgot all about buying our seats for this, but looking at the seat map on ticketmaster I don't think it is going to be a sell out.

12 hours ago, The Dowie said:

I love them - it's a night out, some footy & a drink up without all the pain and anxiety! 😛 Bizarrely haven't missed a home friendly since the Bingham era (3 qualifiers tho)

Had forgotten all about these tickets though, so was glad to hear from the IFA that the phenomenal demand somehow afforded me more time to buy them