OUR WEE COUNTRY
Clint

Euro 2020 Qualifying Draw

10 hours ago, stephenrowley1 said:

Germany with the away game being played in the south of the country at the end of September/start of October and apart from no home countries (or the other bunch), Italy or Turkey (I swore I would never set foot in that country again after our game in Izmir in '86) I'll take my chances with the rest of them.

So you'd prefer one of the most difficult groups possible then Stephen?

Why not just make a separate trip to Oktoberfest.

10 hours ago, stephenrowley1 said:

Germany with the away game being played in the south of the country at the end of September/start of October

International dates are 5th - 10th September and 10th to 15th October.

1 hour ago, Tarabonga said:

So you'd prefer one of the most difficult groups possible then Stephen?

Why not just make a separate trip to Oktoberfest.

Have you forgotten mate that we are still the ONLY team ever to have beaten the Fatherland home and away in one qualifying campaign - I'm looking at the overall picture at teams we have previously tanked as well as having a few good days away!!

1 hour ago, Richardh said:

International dates are 5th - 10th September and 10th to 15th October.

Good man Richard - the Stuttgart festival (the best in Germany in my opinion) runs until the 13th October so fingers crossed.

13 minutes ago, stephenrowley1 said:

Have you forgotten mate that we are still the ONLY team ever to have beaten the Fatherland home and away in one qualifying campaign - I'm looking at the overall picture at teams we have previously tanked as well as having a few good days away!!

Certainly haven't. I was at both.

I'd prefer to save them for the next WC campaign as pot 1 seeds though 😉

3 hours ago, Tarabonga said:

Certainly haven't. I was at both.

I'd prefer to save them for the next WC campaign as pot 1 seeds though 😉

Likewise (didn't think you were that old!!).

4 minutes ago, stephenrowley1 said:

Likewise (didn't think you were that old!!).

Oh yes. That was some trip. Travelled up from Portadown to Belfast, met up with a Shankill Club  in Denmark Street who had a bus organised to take us to Larne. Then bus down to Harwich, overnight ferry to the Hook of Holland, then bus up to Hamburg. Part of the trip back was a visit to OT where we seen United beat Watford 4-1 (Stapleton hattrick, one with each foot and a header, and Mo Johnston scoring for Watford). I'm no United fan but went along anyway wearing a Germany scarf I'd exchanged in Hamburg, little realising that it was Watford colours!!!

2 hours ago, Tarabonga said:

Oh yes. That was some trip. Travelled up from Portadown to Belfast, met up with a Shankill Club  in Denmark Street who had a bus organised to take us to Larne. Then bus down to Harwich, overnight ferry to the Hook of Holland, then bus up to Hamburg. Part of the trip back was a visit to OT where we seen United beat Watford 4-1 (Stapleton hattrick, one with each foot and a header, and Mo Johnston scoring for Watford). I'm no United fan but went along anyway wearing a Germany scarf I'd exchanged in Hamburg, little realising that it was Watford colours!!!

Travel was much the same as ours only we took a few days 'sightseeing' in Amsterdam first after getting the ferry from Harwich 🙄

Spain and Andorra. The Spaniards are there for the taking again and it'd be two easy trips for me. Unless they play in the Canary Islands again ffs.

3 hours ago, flashcrues said:

Spain and Andorra. The Spaniards are there for the taking again and it'd be two easy trips for me. Unless they play in the Canary Islands again ffs.

And 'Tarabonga' was implying that I'M a selfish bugger 😁

Of the 31 teams from just-finished Leagues C and D, only Greece, Romania, Serbia and Albania have managed to qualify in the top 2 of a group since 2010. A similar result this time- meaning that the other 16 automatic qualifiers are from Leagues A and B- and we're in the play-offs ;)

Edit- Montenegro and Estonia both also finished 2nd before losing in play-offs. So if they can, we can