OUR WEE COUNTRY
Clint

Euro 2020 Qualifying Draw

5 hours ago, omaghexile said:

Cheers EG a beneficial post the one thing that stands out is even Albania are able to build a brand new stadium (even if behind schedule) costing £60m and a higher capacity than ourselves.

Nearly 3 million Albanians. Not sure what % wouldn't support Albania.  Compare that to NI's population. How many times has the new Windsor been a sell-out?

One thing that struck me was the number of stadiums with a smaller capacity than Windsor.

4 hours ago, chopper1 said:

the campaign cards is supposed to be for 5 competitive matches

As there are only 5 teams in pot 6 there is a fair chance we could end uo in a group of 5 teams then only 4 home matches?

I asked the IFA exactly that question before renewing - their reply was that we’d get a refund.  Now given that we’ll miss out on a match against a Pot 6 side, I’d expect they’ll giver us about a tenner!

1 hour ago, Nigel82 said:

I’d expect they’ll giver us about a tenner!

Believe it when i see it!

According to the BBC,

"Former Republic of Ireland duo Robbie Keane and Ronnie Whelan and Portuguese pair Vitor Baia and Nuno Gomes are assisting with the draw."

Is Robbie Keane not (one of) Mick McCarthy's assistant(s)? Am I being over the top or is that not a bit dodgy? Why is Austin McPhee not assisting?

54 minutes ago, richboy said:

According to the BBC,

"Former Republic of Ireland duo Robbie Keane and Ronnie Whelan and Portuguese pair Vitor Baia and Nuno Gomes are assisting with the draw."

Is Robbie Keane not (one of) Mick McCarthy's assistant(s)? Am I being over the top or is that not a bit dodgy? Why is Austin McPhee not assisting?

That will have to be changed surely 

11 minutes ago, 74thminutewonder said:

I'll take:

Belgium/France
Ukraine
Lithuania
Gibraltar
Andorra

All bar Ukraine. Who knows what’ll be going on there although expect Kiev far enough away from ongoing conflict.

swap for Sweden.

There are 5 ifa employees at the draw. Oneill, David curry, Nelson, Martin and the pr guy. Good to see our block booking money isn't being wasted. 

15 minutes ago, donaghy said:

There are 5 ifa employees at the draw. Oneill, David curry, Nelson, Martin and the pr guy. Good to see our block booking money isn't being wasted. 

Don't think the train to Dublin is going to break the bank 

On 11/25/2018 at 10:12 AM, The Laird said:

Good shout. RTE2 from 10.45 although it will probably be nearer 12 before they actually get down to pulling balls out.

Except that Sky has blocked my RTE coverage of the programme .... SSN it is then

3 minutes ago, The Dowie said:

Except that Sky has blocked my RTE coverage of the programme .... SSN it is then

Channel 981 on sky.