OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
chopper1

Line up/Match Thread

That's a real sickener and Steven Davis is an absolute quality player, don't really know what else to say, just very pissed off

I thought Michael Smith was excellent and McLaughlin will struggle to get back in. I thought we did ok tonight however Boyce should not be allowed to play upfront on his own against decent opposition. Oneill has to be braver with his line ups-What harm would it have been to play two up front. 

38 minutes ago, Villa Mike said:

Jones is brutal. No wonder he’s at Kilmarnock.

He was absolutely brutal tonight. Saw so much of the ball during the game and did absolutely nothing with it. 

3 minutes ago, donaghy said:

Boyce should not be allowed to play upfront on his own against decent opposition. Oneill has to be braver with his line ups-What harm would it have been to play two up front. 

This.

11 minutes ago, donaghy said:

I thought Michael Smith was excellent and McLaughlin will struggle to get back in. I thought we did ok tonight however Boyce should not be allowed to play upfront on his own against decent opposition. Oneill has to be braver with his line ups-What harm would it have been to play two up front. 

I felt a bit sorry for Boyce. So isolated. 

Second goal was Jones fault, didnt decide to what to do with the ball,same all night, lost it they broke Dallas missed a vital tackle end off.

Jones has absolutely no end product. I thought McGinn was poor too. Boyce needs a partner to play with up top (Grigg has been missed). Also, Davis had a poor game I thought.

5 minutes ago, exhausted said:

I felt a bit sorry for Boyce. So isolated. 

I did too. One up front doesn't work.  Maybe Lafferty at his best, but not since.

My match day experience wasn't great as I took my two to their first NI game (5 & 3). As soon as we got to our seat the 3 year old wanted "to go somewhere else". 20 mins in the 5 year old was watching YouTube and I was wrestling with the 3 year old until the 2nd half kicked off when I took them to the toilet - we ended up in the one from Trainspotting. By the time we got back to our seats we had missed the first two goals. Then I spent the last half hour trying to stop the wee one from running away. So needless to say I didn't really get to enjoy the game.

Very disappointing. Didn't really mean anything of course but we really could have done with a result there, at least we scored.

Lacked some of the positivity and urgency of recent games, played a bit deep first half too. We've tried to be more attacking recently but our defence was exposed one v one way too often, again. One up front only works if they get support, didn''t happen, again. Not enough quality and threat in the final third for the amount of possession, again. And our corners are more threat to our own keeper than the opposition's, again. 

Playing one up front at home in a nothing to lose match is a joke, show some ambition. Midfield were crap, worst display yet from Davis, Jones no end product. Poor sign when Corry Evans is your best midfielder. Only positive was McCauley looked like he hadn't been away.

5 minutes ago, Huntsman88 said:

Playing one up front at home in a nothing to lose match is a joke, show some ambition. Midfield were crap, worst display yet from Davis, Jones no end product. Poor sign when Corry Evans is your best midfielder. Only positive was McCauley looked like he hadn't been away.

I think Smith was a positive. Looked very assured and was impressive on Thursday as well 

Agree with most here and a poor end to a bunch of games were  maybe we didn’t get the result but played great. Believe Jones should have been subbed as he had no end product the whole game. Let’s hope it all clicks together come March, keep the faith!