OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
chopper1

Line up/Match Thread

18 minutes ago, SectionE said:

Was anyone near the person in The Kop who shat himself?

Wow. 

Guy came in 35 minutes after kick off, sat down behind me and fell asleep. 

19 minutes ago, Richardh said:

Wow. 

The individual who shat himself caused 10 people to be moved while the area was sanitised. 

1 minute ago, SectionE said:

The individual who shat himself caused 10 people to be moved while the area was sanitised. 

:sarcastic:

Heard about that last night. Can't say I noticed anything from the middle. Surprised there's not been any pictures of it.

1 hour ago, Richardh said:

Wow. 

Some real spanners in the Kop last night. 3 who were 2 rows in front of me couldn’t even get to their seats without falling every step. Then spent the whole game taking selfies of themselves..

7 hours ago, mervillegawa said:

After this Nations League campaign, the below would be my preferred starting XI for the Euro qualifiers.

BPF

McLaughlin, Cathcart, Evans, Lewis

Whyte*, Davis, Saville, McNair, Dallas

Boyce*

Do not drop Olly Norwood.

Thank you.

BPF 

SMITH     EVANS   CATHCART  LEWIS

NORWOOD

DALLAS  DAVIS  SAVILLE   WHYTE

GRIGG

24 minutes ago, ynwa said:

Some real spanners in the Kop last night. 3 who were 2 rows in front of me couldn’t even get to their seats without falling every step. Then spent the whole game taking selfies of themselves..

As for their singing shouting of the NA. 

Not sure if you were there at the time, but about 10 seconds after they arrived, one of them dropped and smashed his bottle of Bucky. 

1 hour ago, Richardh said:

Wow. 

Some wee wart in my row missed the entire first half and most of the second.....in fact it pains me that I have to share my space with a right collection of headbins...my kid brother from New York was at his first ever home game last night, and his experience included sharing their Buckfast!

23 minutes ago, P.McCarroll said:

Some wee wart in my row missed the entire first half and most of the second.....in fact it pains me that I have to share my space with a right collection of headbins...my kid brother from New York was at his first ever home game last night, and his experience included sharing their Buckfast!

He's an absolute moonbeam! Spent most of his time in the stand talking absolute ballix to my girlfriend and was completely oblivious when we scored! 

This all sounds pretty grim. I was a bit miffed that the bloke beside me and his wee girl missed the first 10 mins and then the first 8 of the second half, coming in chewin a big dorty gravy chip. It sounds like that was only the tip of the iceberg (or nose of the turtle head if you like).

28 minutes ago, richboy said:

It sounds like that was only the tip of the iceberg (or nose of the turtle head if you like).

😀

1 hour ago, ElCapitan said:

He's an absolute moonbeam! Spent most of his time in the stand talking absolute ballix to my girlfriend and was completely oblivious when we scored! 

at this point we should probably be thankful that he didn't sh*t himself.

13 hours ago, EalingGreen said:

It's understandable that some people are dismayed or frustrated, even angry (though I think that too strong).

But this is a team in transition, on three counts.

One: We've lost/are losing some important senior players, notably McAuley, Hughes, Brunt, McGovern, all defenders;

Two: Their replacements are all young and inexperienced;

Three: Due to the identity and positions of the players exiting and arriving, we can no longer rely on our traditional tactics of keeping a tight defence and hoping to nick wins by breakaways or set-pieces etc. Instead we are trying to develop a completely new possession/pressing style at the most difficult time, and against decent opposition at that.

The fact that we have not been thumped, or even outplayed, is a testament to what a job Michael is doing imo.

And if anyone thinks that rose-tinted, just think back to losing to Canada.  Or 3-0 at home to Iceland. Or twice in the space of a month to Estonia in qualifiers. Or 1-0 in Tirana in a friendly. Or drawing 1-1 in the Faroes. Or getting humped 6-0 in Holland. Or needing Big Maik to save a penalty to get us a scoreless draw in Malta. Or drawing with Barbados.

Those are just some examples off the top of my head.

None of our  four NL games remotely  resembled those horror shows.

"Onwards and Upwards!" :thumbsup:

Well said EG!