OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
EalingGreen

Joachim Low - Running scared of OWC

Already preparing his Exit Plan before he faces us? :whistling:

Germany coach Joachim Low admitted that his time in charge of the national team is coming to an end and that he would be tempted by Real Madrid.

Low won the World Cup in 2014 with Germany but in recent times the team has disappointed at this year's World Cup and in the Nations Cup.

"I realise that the major part of my time here is now in the past and I need to think about what I want to do afterwards, in my plans are to coach a club which I did before being national team coach," said Low.

"I would prefer not to continue in Germany, I think that my future is more likely to abroad. Real Madrid? They are an interesting club for any coach."

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/12/09/5c0d28a546163f88808b4568.html

There should be vacancies in BT4, BT12, BT14 and BT15 soon enough...

When do Germany  announce their venues for the upcoming games, think I recall seeing it as some time in January? 

1 minute ago, dana82 said:

When do Germany  announce their venues for the upcoming games, think I recall seeing it as some time in January? 

They said by the end of the month. 

7 hours ago, bazza said:

They said by the end of the month. 

On one of the GAWA 'bakebook' pages that it has been confirmed as Berlin - AGAIN.

I wonder where all these Nostardamuses get their inside information from?

1 hour ago, stephenrowley1 said:

On one of the GAWA 'bakebook' pages that it has been confirmed as Berlin - AGAIN.

I wonder where all these Nostardamuses get their inside information from?

I spent a couple of hours in Laverys after work early on New Year's Eve, was chatting to a few other NI fans I know. In two hours I was told the game was definitely in Berlin, definitely in Munich, definitely in Hamburg and probably in Cologne. Get those flights booked. 

4 minutes ago, Richardh said:

I spent a couple of hours in Laverys after work early on New Year's Eve, was chatting to a few other NI fans I know. In two hours I was told the game was definitely in Berlin, definitely in Munich, definitely in Hamburg and probably in Cologne. Get those flights booked. 

Looks like a fortnight tour then Richard - heard of worse ideas!!

23 minutes ago, dana82 said:

Frankfurt 

That’s their Achilles heel. They’re pish there. Should be a comfortable win for us.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:52 PM, Richardh said:

So they were ALL right then Richard 🙄

Gutted its such a drab place as Frankfurt, its not the best city from what I am hearing. Was hoping for Munich or Berlin

2 minutes ago, dana82 said:

Gutted its such a drab place as Frankfurt, its not the best city from what I am hearing. Was hoping for Munich or Berlin

Likewise but 'beggars can't be choosers' as the saying goes 'dana' - could have been worse, could have been Dortmund.

2 minutes ago, dana82 said:

Yes, it's not much of a city to look at, once you've seen the Romerberg and the Dom you're pretty much done for sightseeing. (It has a square and an Irish pub though, so that'll keep 95% of our support happy.) Decent stadium though.

An old work story... I worked for an American company with offices in England & Germany. A Geordie was on his first business trip to Frankfurt in the 90's so a German colleague picked him up at the airport. As they were driving into the office, the Geordie commented that he wasn't expecting Frankfurt to have so many glassy skyscrapers. "We had an opportunity to redevelop the city 50 years ago, so we took it." was the reply.

And people think ze Germans have no sense of humour!