OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
EalingGreen

Joachim Low - Running scared of OWC

While not wishing to see any player injured having him miss our game is good, he could have caused lots of problems for us. A few more of them missing would be good 😄

On 8/9/2019 at 3:03 PM, Tarabonga said:

Yeah, really. Haven't watched him too often, but from what I've seen he's a headless chicken with a poor final ball.

I know he's rated, but I'm only going by the games I have watched him play, and based on that he's extremely over-rated.

Sounds like a poor mans Andy Smith

On 8/9/2019 at 8:17 PM, stephenrowley1 said:

Wouldn't get on the Ards Seconds team - grossly overrated.

🤣

another chance to see this:

sport-preview-iain-dowie-sane.jpg?crop=0

Hummels is back, very strong squad even without Sane, this will be very tough and a draw would be an incredible result

Hoping for another September night to remember at Windsor

15 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

Hummels is back, very strong squad even without Sane, this will be very tough and a draw would be an incredible result

Another November night (re: 82) would be even better Chopper but I get your drift!!

17 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

Hummels isn't in the squad.

46 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

Hummels, Boateng and Muller were "retired" by Joachim Low. 

2 hours ago, hughes18 said:

Germany squad:

Better link here?

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2019/08/29/lw-calls-up-waldschmidt-to-germany-squad-for-1st-time/40042935/

Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Bernd Leno (Arsenal), Marc-André ter Stegen (FC Barcelona)

Defenders: Matthias Ginter (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Marcel Halstenberg, (Leipzig) Lukas Klostermann (Leipzig), Nico Schulz (Borussia Dortmund), Niklas Stark (Hertha Berlin), Niklas Süle (Bayern Munich), Jonathan Tah (Bayer Leverkusen)

Midfielders: Julian Brandt (Borussia Dortmund), Emre Can (Juventus), Leon Goretzka (Bayern Munich), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Ilkay Gündogan (Manchester City), Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen), Jonas Hector (Cologne), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid)

Forwards: Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Serge Gnabry (Bayern Munich), Luca Waldschmidt (Freiburg), Timo Werner (Leipzig)

The thought occurs, is there any chance the Dutch could kick the sh*te out of the Germans in Hamburg, 4 days before our game in Belfast? Maybe provoke a red card, too - they really don't like each other after all:

1 hour ago, RichardM said:

Hummels, Boateng and Muller were "retired" by Joachim Low. 

yes that's what i thought ! i saw him in squad on twitter for some reason ?

Unless the BBC is wrong, the Germany v Netherlands game is on the Friday, so in addition to them having to travel, we have an extra 24 hours rest / preparation time. This is obviously pointing towards a nailed on 3 points.

54 minutes ago, richboy said:

Unless the BBC is wrong, the Germany v Netherlands game is on the Friday, so in addition to them having to travel, we have an extra 24 hours rest / preparation time.

The BBC have it right: https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/season=2020/matches/#/md/33810

54 minutes ago, richboy said:

This is obviously pointing towards a nailed on 3 points.

Obviously.

Meanwhile, after Netherlands have done battle in Hamburg, they have to fly to Tallinn for their next game on the Monday evening, too.

Out on their feet they'll be... :thumbsup:

:flag:

Even better news about the Netherlands, but you'd probably clocked that already Stephen!

If carlsberg did Monday nights...

I see Nico Schulz is out of Monday's game with ankle ligament damage. Dunno if that is good or bad for us.