OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
gawa201

Flights

A few of us have booked accommodation in Tallin,but struggling to get flights that aren't to dear.Any suggestions most welcome.👍

2 hours ago, gawa201 said:

A few of us have booked accommodation in Tallin,but struggling to get flights that aren't to dear.Any suggestions most welcome.👍

Helsinki and get the ferry across to Tallin? Know a few done the reverse for Finland away and really enjoyed it.

3 hours ago, gawa201 said:

Not sure if you are going one way (ie heading on to Minsk) but there are still flights showing from Dublin via Stockholm on 'Skyscanner' for 141 quid which seems quite reasonable to me over a week after the venues were announced.

You have about a six hour changeover in Stockholm but that's nothing a couple bottles of Stoli wouldn't see right (or even venture into town of you haven't been before - have a wander around Gamla Stan and /or Sodermalm where you can quench your thirst in one of the Lion pubs at each of those locations at less than four quid a pint).

PS - the train connection takes about twenty minutes from the airport therefore it's a gift to reach the city - the train will go to central station then either dander or take the metro (one stop) to Gamla Stan which is the old, scenic part of town.

13 hours ago, gawa201 said:

Dublin-Oslo-Tallinn

SAS Airlines then Air Baltic.

Leave Dublin around 12:30pm gets you in around Tallinn 10:30pm on the Thursday night (4 hour stopover in Oslo), not sure what the price is now but was around £90 all in.

11 minutes ago, D Coop Ulster said:

Dublin-Oslo-Tallinn

SAS Airlines then Air Baltic.

Leave Dublin around 12:30pm gets you in around Tallinn 10:30pm on the Thursday night (4 hour stopover in Oslo), not sure what the price is now but was around £90 all in.

That one's still showing at 106 quid right now on 'Skyscanner' Stuarty - a gift (still plenty of options available with a wee look at their site).

Stephen's right, there are still plenty of options and I don't think leaving it for a while will cost you too much extra. I was pricing yesterday morning and a Dublin return via Frankfurt was around £190. Or £128 single route with whatever else for Minsk.

I'm just waiting on confirmation from a couple of mates before booking anything, so hopefully there'll be some variations of routes to Tallinn at reasonable prices come January.

The cheaper options left seem to require 6am flights from Dublin and Tallinn though 😴.

Daytime flights around £250. Glad I got in reasonably early for £170.

59 minutes ago, Tarabonga said:

The cheaper options left seem to require 6am flights from Dublin and Tallinn though 😴.

Daytime flights around £250. Glad I got in reasonably early for £170.

We're on both the 05.55 from Dublin and Tallinn Jeff - not something we haven't done before!

Get a few hours in Riga city centre en route to Minsk - can think of a worse way to spend a few hours.

Barcelona - Tallinn and Minsk-Barcelona flights bought. Just need to get the others in agreement about getting from Tallinn  to Minsk now and it's sorted!

We are flying to Riga from Dublin early morning flight with Ryanair on 7th then driving to Tallin for 2 nights then back to Riga for 1 night. Drive again to Vilnius drop off car at airport then fly into Minsk for 3 nights.

Flight back to Vilnius on Thursday morning then direct flight to Dublin later on that night.

I'm looking at this late - It is not very cheap Tallinn - London on Sunday 9th June, but is very cheap Riga - London. Does anybody know how doable an 11am flight from Riga would be the day after the match? From what I can find, not very...

7 minutes ago, richboy said:

I'm looking at this late - It is not very cheap Tallinn - London on Sunday 9th June, but is very cheap Riga - London. Does anybody know how doable an 11am flight from Riga would be the day after the match? From what I can find, not very...

Not really doable by public transport. First bus from Tallinn to Riga on Sunday morning wouldn't get you there until 1120. There's buses pretty much every hour from 6am though if a later flight is viable.

https://ticket.luxexpress.eu/

1 hour ago, richboy said:

Pay the extra £50 for one of the options to Stansted via Oslo. You'll be glad you did.

3 hours ago, hughes18 said:

Not really doable by public transport. First bus from Tallinn to Riga on Sunday morning wouldn't get you there until 1120. There's buses pretty much every hour from 6am though if a later flight is viable.

https://ticket.luxexpress.eu/

That's what I thought. Thanks though.

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Pay the extra £50 for one of the options to Stansted via Oslo. You'll be glad you did.

Cheers for the heads-up. That hadn't even crossed my mind.