Squad for Belarus and Estonia at home

2 minutes ago, Tarabonga said:

I take it Burton = Boyce.

Sorry Liam ;)

2 minutes ago, Tarabonga said:

I take it Burton = Boyce.

yes and hasn't scored in 12 games?

8 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

same old im afraid added to the fact Ollie Norwod one of few playing regulary is out

our squad is full of players past it, or have played little or none recently, i think we will struggle to win both these games

where are the goals coming from?

Don't know much about Ballard apart from his U21 performances, maybe one bright spot for the future

The squad is what it is. We don't have anyone else (playing at the levels these guys play at).

I'm confident Michael will make it work and we'll come out of this double header with 6 points.

Early goals are crucial in both of these games. Regarding personnel - when have we have ever had a starting XI that has a 'wow factor'. We are built on hard working players giving their all.

Surprised to see Hughes still there, sad for the legend, but his club career appears done.

Norwood is a huge loss.

Really disappointed about Norwood. He looks like he is in great form. I fear letting Lafferty and Grigg back in the squad has set a precedent when it comes to 'personal reasons'

58 minutes ago, ElCapitan said:

Really disappointed about Norwood. He looks like he is in great form. I fear letting Lafferty and Grigg back in the squad has set a precedent when it comes to 'personal reasons'

Know what you mean about precedents etc, and if it was eg Laff or Grigg who'd pulled out again for "personal reasons", I'd probably have called a halt to all future involvement for them.

But there is no evidence that Olly has ever been anything other than entirely committed to OWC, so imo we should just accept it at face value.

Besides which, these are the two "easiest" games, we should be capable of winning them without him and provided he turns out for the later games, I'd say that should be the end of it.

Norwood has started 29 of our last 30 competitive games, missing one when suspended (to back EG's point above)

I'm hoping Norwood is carrying some niggle and doesn't want to risk the Championship run-in for Sheff Utd by risking it..

14 minutes ago, dana82 said:

I'm hoping Norwood is carrying some niggle and doesn't want to risk the Championship run-in for Sheff Utd by risking it..

Were that the case, he'd surely have turned up anyhow to be assessed, before being sent back to Sheffield, as appropriate.

Or if it didn't even need assessing, Michael would have said "fitness" rather than "personal".

Michael said in his interview with BBC he hopes he'll be back for June matches, September at the latest so clearly not a fitness issue. I'd guess he's under some pressure from SU to avoid picking up injury as they push for promotion. Disappointing as he's one of the few players having a positive season.

Other than Ballard getting the call-up the squad probably picks itself, although i have a feeling it will look a bit different come Monday as one or two of those named are currently injured. The selection of the likes of Aaron Hughes has surprised me as he hasn't played in months.

Its disappointing to see no new players, if there is no new faces in the u21 squad, i think we can confidently say the players Michael was talking to have rejected playing for us.

Very surprised to see Hughes and McAuley and Norwood is a loss but good to see Daniel Ballard named, still a good squad to secure six points and an big opportunity for the likes of Paul Smyth and Jordan Jones to really impress if selected. 

2 hours ago, Villa Mike said:

Sure Norwood does very little anyway...

well he'll not be doing anything next 2 games, he did miss the last nations match too

chance for others to impress as RichardM says