OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
exhausted

Other groups

15 minutes ago, eightball said:

WTF has happened to Bosnia? Lost 4-2 in Armenia.

I watched the majority of the game they were awful and they aren't getting out of their group.

Just now, exhausted said:

I didn't think much of Bosnia when we played them. Especially at Windsor 

They got lucky in that game - we totally dominated them.

I expected more from them in the group they are in. I suppose they have the comfort of a play-off.

Just now, exhausted said:

I didn't think much of Bosnia when we played them. Especially at Windsor 

we could/should have bate them twice

6 hours ago, Richardh said:

Could you qualify without scoring?

Lose all your NL games in one of the top two leagues without scoring.

Lose all the Euro qualifiers without scoring.

Get into the NL play offs because all the teams who really qualified for the NL play offs qualified through Euro qualifying and their play off places filtered down. 

Draw both play off games 0 0 but win both on penalties? 

Richard yes you could.

Also in the previous qualifiers there was an outrageous scenario where results against the bottom team didn't count in SOME groups. In essence, this meant that had the top 2 teams lost twice each to the bottom team, the teams in 3rd and 4th would have taken the top 2 spots, or in a crazier scenario, the team at the BOTTOM of the group (if it was a tight group with 6 points between top and bottom - unlikely, but possible). This would mean the bottom team could have came second after the points of the matches they won, were removed from the teams above them, allowing them to overtake.

16 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Richard yes you could.

Also in the previous qualifiers there was an outrageous scenario where results against the bottom team didn't count in SOME groups. In essence, this meant that had the top 2 teams lost twice each to the bottom team, the teams in 3rd and 4th would have taken the top 2 spots, or in a crazier scenario, the team at the BOTTOM of the group (if it was a tight group with 6 points between top and bottom - unlikely, but possible). This would mean the bottom team could have came second after the points of the matches they won, were removed from the teams above them, allowing them to overtake.

I've a feeling you are on wind up here, but the above scenario is bollocks. 

The only time games against the bottom teams (in groups of 6) were discarded was to work out the best 3rd place finishers across all the groups. 

It has nothing at all to do with final standings. 

Greece outdoing themselves tonight, a 1-1 draw with Liechtenstein, at home!

11 minutes ago, P.McCarroll said:

Greece outdoing themselves tonight, a 1-1 draw with Liechtenstein, at home!

Cracking result for Liechtenstein against the 2004 Champions!

21 minutes ago, Big Phil said:

I've a feeling you are on wind up here, but the above scenario is bollocks. 

The only time games against the bottom teams (in groups of 6) were discarded was to work out the best 3rd place finishers across all the groups. 

It has nothing at all to do with final standings. 

No, there was a point where they took away bottom teams results, only to find that had the teams above them lost to the bottom teams, the bottom team could have taken the 3rd spot (top spot and second probably not). The fact is the whole thing is a shambles.

As Richard says you can not score a goal and qualify!!

Don't remember that at all. I remember it being that results didn't count against bottom team to decide rankings for the playoffs

29 minutes ago, Jonny said:

No, there was a point where they took away bottom teams results, only to find that had the teams above them lost to the bottom teams, the bottom team could have taken the 3rd spot (top spot and second probably not).

No. The bottom team was basically dropped from the table and only the other results counted. Bottom team was discarded. 

29 minutes ago, Jonny said:

As Richard says you can not score a goal and qualify!!

Very different qualification process than any time before. 

8 hours ago, Richardh said:

No. The bottom team was basically dropped from the table and only the other results counted. Bottom team was discarded. 

Very different qualification process than any time before. 

That's exactly my point, that when you take those points off say the top 5 teams, it was possible the bottom team leapfrogged them, making it a farce.

9 hours ago, exhausted said:

Another shocking hand  ball decision tonight this time in the Italy Finland game 

Standard Bobby Madden decision. The guy is useless!

5 minutes ago, eightball said:

Standard Bobby Madden decision. The guy is useless!

Did make me laugh reading the comments on twitter from both rangers and Celtic fans saying how it made a change from him being biased against them