OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
exhausted

Post Mortem

17 minutes ago, Tarabonga said:

Had my doubts at the time, but having seen it on TV it would have been given as a foul if it had occurred in midfield, so inside the box it has to be given as a pen.

Thought the ref was poor though.

I actually thought he was one of the best we have had for a while. Didn't seem overly fussy and didn't want to hand out yellows for nothing. Only real mistake was not giving the pen when lewis was fouled in the first half 

3 hours ago, Clint said:

Anyway, it balanced up not getting a nailed on one in the first half.

yes Lewis had a def penalty turned down, contact in the box, fell outside it & not even a free kick !

And there's me saying during the match that we was overly fussy! That's what happens when I go to a game sober 😉.

That McNair miss was worse than I thought - even more so than Gavin Whyte’s effort in Sarajevo. This obsession with always heading it down when a bullet header either side of a stranded and off-balance keeper would have sufficed. He was only a metre or so out and the goal was literally gaping. Hopefully we’ll be less profligate on Sunday evening.

3 hours ago, jcm said:

...nor a yellow card for diving.

Maybe the ref didn't think it was a foul or a dive, just that he was knocked over while being tackled.

3 minutes ago, Clint said:

Maybe the ref didn't think it was a foul or a dive, just that he was knocked over while being tackled.

He signalled to Lewis that he had dived.

Just heard from the BBC iPlayer people that highlights of the Estonia match have finally been uploaded. Apparently there was a technical glitch. But, you only have until 7.30pm tomorrow (Friday 29th) to catch them.

The Belarus highlights have also been added. They expire on Monday at 12.10am.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0003n4p/international-football-northern-ireland-v-belarus-highlights

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0003mvz/international-football-northern-ireland-v-estonia-highlights

Or you could just download the highlights and keep them forever.