OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
chopper1

Starting Eleven

Laffs giving workmanlike performances. We need goals though. Tough call which striker to start with. I’d give him a half....

6 hours ago, chopper1 said:

Need Ferguson on for corners & set pieces & Big G will add another threat

Agree

1 hour ago, matt said:

Lafferty ran about like a headless chicken chicken frankly. Did well with the goal and a few other moments but how anyone can praise that performance is beyond me. Shouldn`t be near the starting team.

I`d have Boyce or Josh on before him.

I thought the same. Spends more time trying to get free kicks than trying to get the ball. Josh on from the start then Boyce later if needed.

5 hours ago, Clint said:

I'd imagine Michael will only change the starting XI if he has identified something in the way Belarus play that warrants it.

IMHO the only arguable change is Magennis for Lafferty. I wouldn't do it though. Those who beat Estonia deserve another go.

I agree with this. And I think he'll stick with Lafferty and then look to use Magennis as an impact sub later on.

I've seen some people suggest bringing Ferguson in because of his set pieces but I'd prefer to stick with the greater attacking threat that Jones provides. Wonder though if Saville might take over set piece responsibility? That would allow McNair to lend his height in the box. 

1 hour ago, Simon-613 said:

I've seen some people suggest bringing Ferguson in because of his set pieces but I'd prefer to stick with the greater attacking threat that Jones provides. 

I think Ferguson is the more likely to score.

Hopefully like this..

I'd give Lafferty another start, he set up Niall for the first which is more than he has done in quite a few previous games, I'd stick with a winning team although would love to see Paul Smyth get a chance 2nd half as his pace could definitely unsettle Belarus. 

I think MON will start the same team but I agree on the views of Josh for Laff or even a different approach up front for this one, we need to try our options sometimes or we'll never know if they work or not!