OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Norniron1989

Post Mortem

Brilliant. Deserved the 3 points, though a bit disappointed how we let them at us after getting the second.

Far too close for comfort. There will be pants in need of a boil wash after that.

Nerves shredded, well done Josh and a big shout out for Baileys last minute save.

I haven’t changed my opinion on Laffs,  and big Josh I feel just proved me right. Bar that obviously everything worked well tonight against fairly tough opponents that would have likely beaten us before the MON era took hold.

Jones is frustrating so much pace and skill, final pass or shot a lot to be desired

Top of the group well deserved win thought McNair was man of the match, so happy for Josh to snatch it at the end started and finished the move, great assist from McNair

BPF little to do all night but a wonder save at the end !

24 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

thought McNair was man of the match

??????????????????

i'm not really seeing it with McNair - he's strong and therefore his driving forward from midfield isn't bad and he gets us up the pitch on occasions.  But  he doesn't play with his head up and therefore his passing and general end product are poor (bar the goal).  Thought in both games we missed Norwood and he would surely have played instead of McNair in both games if available.

Thought in both games generally nobody played really poorly, but nobody was really good either. Exception was Jones tonight - his crssing is so poor, its hard to see what his stronger foot is - I've seldon seen a winger with such weak/aimless crosses.  He appears to dribble with his right foot, but then on the leftwing, instead of cutting inside, he tries to take the defender on the outside and cross with his weaker (?) left foot.  Jones seems better suited to running at the defender with pace and maybe getting a foul as his end product is so poor - on these 2 displays I can't see how he can start instead of paul Smyth and  even gavin Whyte.

Jamal Lewis - don't get me wrong, I think he's going to be a great player for us, but he seems to switch off at least 2 or 3 times (at vital times) a match. What annoyed me most about him tonight thought was his throw-ins. He seemed to take an absolute eternity to take them. Obviously this is useful at times (like when you are winning) but it just seemed to break down momentum.