hughes18

Squad v Estonia (A) and Belarus (A)

8 hours ago, Clint said:

Peacock-Farrell

Smith          Cathcart          J. Evans          Lewis

Saville           Davis          C. Evans

McNair                                               Dallas

Magennis

This is the line up I would like to see also. 

18 hours ago, Clint said:

Peacock-Farrell

Smith          Cathcart          J. Evans          Lewis

Saville           Davis          C. Evans

McNair                                               Dallas

Magennis

McNair on the wing? Not for me. 

On 5/30/2019 at 3:43 PM, TOON ARMY GAWA said:

BPF

Smith  Cathcart  Evans  Lewis

McNair  Davis  Saville

Dallas  Magennis  Jones

Dallas good option at right back for home fixtures but with McGinn out and Smith (probably our best player in Nations League) back I reckon will go with the above. Although Whyte may be a better goal threat will go with tried and trusted.

Also disagree on posts saying weak forward line. We've capped people like Lee McEvilly, James Quinn, Adrian Coote etc. I'm optimistic about some of the younger players and I reckon Josh Magennis will be a talisman for us in this campaign. Raises his game when he pulls on the green shirt.

I'm pretty sure that will be the starting 11 that Michael will go with. McNair had a great game in midfield in the last match so I think he'll keep the same midfield.

Dallas to move further up the pitch in McGinn's absence. And Smith to get the nod over C.McLaughlin at right back as he'd been getting regular game time.

If we go behind he could bring Whyte on for Smith and move Dallas back to right back

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:43 PM, TOON ARMY GAWA said:

BPF

McNair  Davis  Saville

Dallas  Magennis  Jones

I think MON will go with this. Josh has done the business in last 2 games. Smith, Whyte, Washington to come on if we end up chasing things. Lafferty looks done...….

On 5/30/2019 at 2:29 PM, EalingGreen said:

But German or Dutch defences are a whole different kettle of fish: Big Josh against Virgil Van Dyke anyone? :o

One of those Opta twitter accounts posted the other day saying no one has successfully dribbled the ball past Van Dijk in his last 60-odd Liverpool games! :crying:

But while someone like Van Dijk is in a completely different league, I'm confident we've got enough ability in midfield and attack to get some shots fired at the Estonia and Belarus nets. We just need one or two to go in.

1 hour ago, PeteM said:

One of those Opta twitter accounts posted the other day saying no one has successfully dribbled the ball past Van Dijk in his last 60-odd Liverpool games! :crying:

Some CB's are exceptional at tackling (or easing opponents off the ball). Bobby Moore is an obvious choice and in an NI context, Alan Hunter was I think the best I've seen.

As for Spurs, I remember Gazza picking a team on SKY of the best XI players he ever played with. The one surprise was Gary Mabbutt, on the basis that he was the only player he could never get past (in training).

Still, none of them will ever have faced anyone like Josh(!), so maybe he'll have the benefit of surprise. :thumbsup:

Slightly surprised Boyce starts was still half expecting Lafferty to play but I'm happy enough with that team 

2 minutes ago, exhausted said:

Slightly surprised Boyce starts was still half expecting Lafferty to play but I'm happy enough with that team 

would have preferred Josh

BPF

McNair  Davis  Saville

Dallas  Boyce Whyte

actually even without Norwood and McGinn  the bench looks quite strong

Substitutes

• 2McLaughlin
  • 4McAuley
  • 10Lafferty
  • 11Ferguson
  • 12McGovern