OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Score Prediction v Belarus

either 1-1 or 2-1 to us preferably the latter

It will be tougher than Estonia

confidence shoud be high after yesterday's comeback

I watched most of their game last night against the Germans and they were decent at times. Can’t see us getting any more than a draw tbh. 1-1. 

I would take a draw now. They may not have got any points from their opening 3 games but im sure they will fancy their chances at home against us. I worry that we cant keep a clean sheet at present so any chances that we have will need to be taken.

9 minutes ago, green port said:

I would take a draw now. 

Not much use to us really? Ordinarily any point away from home would be good.

Must win game or our hopes of automatic qualification go down the toilet.

14 hours ago, Villa Mike said:

Not much use to us really? Ordinarily any point away from home would be good.

I know what you mean. But given how poorly we played in the first half the other night it wouldn't surprise me to see us play like that again. We can be awful at times then just as easily play really well, like we did in the second half. If we play as badly against Belarus as we did in the first half against Estonia then I think they will cause us a lot more problems and that's why I said a would take a draw. Fingers crossed we have learned a lesson from the other night, the cobwebs have been blown away and that was the bad game out of the way.

We have to remember as well that most if not all of our squad finished playing competitive games 5 or 6 weeks ago, cant have been easy trying to pick it up again.

Roll on Tuesday and another 3 points :owc:

It wasnt easy beating them at Windsor Park so I agree its going to be a difficult game probably.  Theyre the sort of team that will either be a walk over or the total opposite.  Think this game will be won purely on tactics so lets hope Michael gets it right.

4 hours ago, Good_Seasons_NI said:

It wasnt easy beating them at Windsor Park so I agree its going to be a difficult game probably.  Theyre the sort of team that will either be a walk over or the total opposite.  Think this game will be won purely on tactics so lets hope Michael gets it right.

Well he would need to come up with better than what started in Tallinn team selection and formation was poor IMO, yes he recovered it in the second half but we can't afford the same against Belarus. Like Bazza I watched most of their game other night and definitely a step up from Estonia even though group table doesn't show it and think we will do well to get a draw conditions will not favour us either straight after Saturday and lack of game time for some of squad. 

But yes I believe and still hoping for the win though! GAWA

Before Saturday I'd have thought it was unlikely we'd get anything from the game. At half time I'd have thought it impossible. Now I'm back to thinking its unlikely although won't be surprised if we do.

So basically I don't have a clue. I'm going for 0-1 late win to NI (like Azerbaijan). After all we will probably be wearing white again, just like we did against Hungary which was repeated in Estonia...