Jump to content
OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
lisbellawloyal

Post mortem

Recommended Posts

I am seriously impressed by our positivity added to more than a bit of skill. The attitude seems just right with this bunch of players. You can tell how much playing for their country means to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Russell said:

I am seriously impressed by our positivity added to more than a bit of skill. The attitude seems just right with this bunch of players. You can tell how much playing for their country means to them.

I noticed after the game ended, the way even the non-playing squad members were congratulating those who had played (eg McGovern to BP-F), and all readily acknowledged the GAWA.

And even passing through the airport in Minsk airport next morning, the players were all still obviously in high spirits eg breaking into the Paddy McNair song in the check-in queue when he got to the desk!

All very happy to pose for selfies with the fans, too - one wee lassie (9 y.o.?) must have got damned nearly all of them from what I saw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EalingGreen said:

Were you out there, Pete? The heat and humidity was v.oppressive, and Estonia was even worse. I think we can make allowances, and expect them to be much sharper in the autumn.

No, but to be honest, I was more thinking along the lines of the players trying to play to their usual standards but only after a few weeks off following long seasons, which was probably more of a factor in the sloppiness. Confident autumn will be positively different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EalingGreen said:

I noticed after the game ended, the way even the non-playing squad members were congratulating those who had played (eg McGovern to BP-F), and all readily acknowledged the GAWA.

I also noticed Boyce was one of the first to the fans after the game, seemed delighted with it despite not playing. Just mentioning this as some people question his commitment for, what i can only assume, having been a C'ville player. Also saw Whyte and Sykes give each other hugs/high fives when the final whistle went, great attitude from the lads who didn't play as you say EG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, eightball said:

The highlights are available on iPlayer now for anyone that missed them.

cheers eightball, is there any way to record the match on the iplayer on to  a usb pen, i have a smart tv

Has anyone else recorded the match or highlights ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, chopper1 said:

cheers eightball, is there any way to record the match on the iplayer on to  a usb pen, i have a smart tv

Was thinking the same - unfortunately my TV is smarter than me.

By a long way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, chopper1 said:

cheers eightball, is there any way to record the match on the iplayer on to  a usb pen, i have a smart tv

Has anyone else recorded the match or highlights ?

 

You can download shows from iplayer but not sure what you would have to do to get that on USB or if you actually can 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, exhausted said:

You can download shows from iplayer but not sure what you would have to do to get that on USB or if you actually can 

I found away round it, recording bbc iplayer from camera but sound quality very poor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, exhausted said:

You can download shows from iplayer but not sure what you would have to do to get that on USB or if you actually can 

Dumb question no doubt, but does that mean downloading onto the TV's own hard drive?

And if so, how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

Dumb question no doubt, but does that mean downloading onto the TV's own hard drive?

And if so, how?

You can download using the app on your phone or other device. I don't think you can download it to a TV.

You can't receive messages EG. I was trying to send you a bit of info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eightball said:

You can download using the app on your phone or other device. I don't think you can download it to a TV.

You can't receive messages EG. I was trying to send you a bit of info.

Thanks, now cleared out some of my message box, so if you have something you think I'd understand (i.e. remedial level), then fire away. :thumbsup: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RichardM said:

Alternatively you can buy the game or any NI game on dvd for £3.50.

is that this website https://oldfootballdvds.weebly.com/

if so used it before absolute rubbish quality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RichardM said:

That's the one, any matches I've ever ordered have been excellent, not HD, but great picture. 

maybe i just got a poor copy, really was very fuzzy picture hard to watch, put  me off buying off them again !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×