OUR WEE COUNTRY
pjc

Belarus rubles

Top work Paul. I've 10 or so and I know a few others have some left over - will be in touch about sending all of it across to you once I've gathered it.

38 minutes ago, mervillegawa said:

Top work Paul. I've 10 or so and I know a few others have some left over - will be in touch about sending all of it across to you once I've gathered it.

Brilliant Joel, many thanks!

10 hours ago, stephenrowley1 said:

Mine are in the post this morning Paul - good luck.

Cheers Stephen, many thanks!

PJC - I have a few too.  If you PM me where to send them, I'll get them to you.  Good that they will be of some use :thumbsup:

45 minutes ago, GlendaH said:

PJC - I have a few too.  If you PM me where to send them, I'll get them to you.  Good that they will be of some use :thumbsup:

@GlendaH thanks very much! I'll PM you 

So is there anywhere we can drop off the roubles? I'm heading home this weekend and can leave them somewhere.

Just now, flashcrues said:

So is there anywhere we can drop off the roubles? I'm heading home this weekend and can leave them somewhere.

I asked the IFA if they could help out but I drew a blank unfortunately. If you are willing to post them to me, that would be great. I'll PM you my details.

Thanks in advance!

Just now, pjc said:

I asked the IFA if they could help out but I drew a blank unfortunately. If you are willing to post them to me, that would be great. I'll PM you my details.

Thanks in advance!

Good man!

On 6/15/2019 at 10:54 AM, BringBackShaggy said:

I’ve around seven odds in coins but yours if handy to arrange.

PM me and I’ll stick them to a bit of card and post to you.

9 hours ago, pjc said:

Thanks in advance!

Was the blank they said no or did they not reply?

16 hours ago, Ernie said:

Was the blank they said no or did they not reply?

No, they replied but have a charity partner (not with any apparent connection to Belarus so not competition for the BYN rubles) already so didn't want to get involved.

They were very positive and encouraging though so I suspect that any obstacle is corporate rather than logistical.

Edited by pjc

Folks,

An update - as I expected, I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of you all. Today alone, I got BYN70 in the post and a restaurant voucher for raffling (thanks Stuart). Tremendous generosity and more to come. The running total is now over BYN300, which is around £120!

This will pay for much needed support for MS sufferers in Belarus, and is (further) testimony to the enduring decency of the GAWA.

Sincere thanks on behalf of the charity and the people who will ultimately benefit. 

Paul 

:clapping:

22 hours ago, pjc said:

Folks,

An update - as I expected, I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of you all. Today alone, I got BYN70 in the post and a restaurant voucher for raffling (thanks Stuart). Tremendous generosity and more to come. The running total is now over BYN300, which is around £120!

This will pay for much needed support for MS sufferers in Belarus, and is (further) testimony to the enduring decency of the GAWA.

Sincere thanks on behalf of the charity and the people who will ultimately benefit. 

Paul 

:clapping:

I think it's you (and Stuart) who deserve all the credit, for your initiative and effort - all the rest of us did was send you something which has no value to us, so it was no sacrifice.

(Though if we draw Belarus again, can I ask for mine back? :whistling:)

1 hour ago, EalingGreen said:

I think it's you (and Stuart) who deserve all the credit, for your initiative and effort - all the rest of us did was send you something which has no value to us, so it was no sacrifice.

(Though if we draw Belarus again, can I ask for mine back? :whistling:)

LOL! Deal - or at least I will buy you the value of it in pints, but only in Minsk......

Thank you for the kind words.

:owc: