Sign in to follow this  
glenn30

Starting 11 v Germany

34 minutes ago, PeteM said:

BPF

McLaughlin - Cathcart - Evans - Lewis

McNair - Davis - Norwood - Saville - Dallas

Washington

This is the team I'd select assuming everyone (looking at you here Ollie) is available. I'd suggest that's our strongest starting 11.

3 hours ago, hughes18 said:

This is the team I'd select assuming everyone (looking at you here Ollie) is available. I'd suggest that's our strongest starting 11.

Like this side. :thumbsup:

Both our fullbacks are going to need plenty of help. McNair and Dallas have the energy to help them out and get forward when needed.

4 minutes ago, green port said:

Like this side. :thumbsup:

Both our fullbacks are going to need plenty of help. McNair and Dallas have the energy to help them out and get forward when needed.

Likewise.

Saville starts, Thompson joins bench

8 minutes ago, Floreat Ultonia said:

Saville starts

Luton 3 v 3 Boro - GS four minutes off the bench;

Boro 0 v 1 Brentford - Unused sub;

Boro 2 v 2 Crewe (EFL Cup) - played the 90 mins;

B'burn 1 v 0 Boro - unused sub.

He can't be match-ready for a game like this, so even without Norwood, I'd hope we have better.

Assuming no further unavailability we'll likely have 3 in centre midfield drawn from Davis, McNair, C Evans, Saville and Thompson

16 minutes ago, Floreat Ultonia said:

Assuming no further unavailability we'll likely have 3 in centre midfield drawn from Davis, McNair, C Evans, Saville and Thompson

Corry has been an unused sub for all three of B'burn's  Lge games this season (1 win and 2 defeats).

Only playing time has been 63 mins in a fluky 3-2 injury time win at home to Oldham in the Lge Cup.

Can't see how he could be ready to play Germany. Saville has hardly played for Boro, either and Thompson isn't (yet) up to it.

Imo the back four should be Lewis, Cathcart, Evans and Smith.

And with fitness concerns over our midfielders, I reckon Michael might go for a four: Jones - Davis - McNair - Dallas.

Washington and A.N.Other ahead of them?

18 minutes ago, Floreat Ultonia said:

Donnelly could be ahead of Thompson.

RH- Liam Donnelly will be in the squad, but of the 4 reserve CBs 2 have effectively retired, Ballard out until Xmas and Flanagan on Sunderland's bench.

EG- a midfield 4 would be overrun. The front 2 wouldn't get a touch 

12 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

Can't see how he could be ready to play Germany. Saville has hardly played for Boro, either and Thompson isn't (yet) up to it

If you only picked our players who are 'ready' we would be fielding about 6/7 players for the majority of matches. Was Washington ready for the last two games? He'd barely kicked a ball all year. We don't have the luxury of ideal worlds where everyone is coming in 100% match fit. 

Will be a midfield 5 as usual, no chance Michael's going to just suddenly stick 2 up top against Germany.

We cant afford to have Jones and Lewis on the same side [ left ]of the pitch and expect to defend properly, they would both get roasted.

17 minutes ago, Huntsman88 said:

If you only picked our players who are 'ready' we would be fielding about 6/7 players for the majority of matches. Was Washington ready for the last two games? He'd barely kicked a ball all year. We don't have the luxury of ideal worlds where everyone is coming in 100% match fit. 

Washington isn't a midfielder i.e. we have even fewer choices up front.

On top of which, he has had a proper pre-season with club games following, so he's likely to be fitter than eg Magennis/Savile/Evans etc

17 minutes ago, Huntsman88 said:

Will be a midfield 5 as usual, no chance Michael's going to just suddenly stick 2 up top against Germany.

Not necessarily 2 up top - he could go 4 - 4 - 1 - 1, with someone like McGinn playing behind Washington.

Normally I might opt for 5 in midfield, but not if one of them is a "passenger".

Besides, if a midfield 5 is getting overrun regardless, any lone striker is going to be completely isolated.

Seeing as we're at home and needing to get at least a point, Michael might decide to employ two defensive banks of four, with two speedy guys to hit them on the break?