OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
glenn30

Starting 11 v Germany

Looks like the Luxembourg game could be vitally important for some of the squad to get match fitness up - Magennis, C.Evans & Saville.

13 minutes ago, eightball said:

Looks like the Luxembourg game could be vitally important for some of the squad to get match fitness up - Magennis, C.Evans & Saville.

Good point.

And Michael surely won't want to risk his main men getting injured in that game.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:13 PM, EalingGreen said:

Good point.

And Michael surely won't want to risk his main men getting injured in that game.

Would like to see him rest Davis, J Evans, Cathcart and McNair but the rest need some game time to sharpen them up. 

Possible B Team

-----------------------------Carson

McLaughlin--Donnelly--Flanagan--Ferguson

Thompson--------CEvans-----------Saville

Whyte-------------Magennis--------Jones

21 minutes ago, mourne_shamrock said:

When is the squad announced ?

Soonish I presume. Guessing the Norwood thing came to a head when he was contacted about playing. 

Sunday Life suggesting yesterday Lafferty and McCauley both seem set to be included which is baffling if true. 

Unless it’s fitness to keep them both sharp...like a week training but I doubt they’d be considered for game time 

3 hours ago, mourne_shamrock said:

When is the squad announced ?

Think it said Wednesday morning. SL that is. 

Edited by RichardM
Forgot to add something

Just now, matt said:

Soonish I presume. Guessing the Norwood thing came to a head when he was contacted about playing. 

Sunday Life suggesting yesterday Lafferty and McCauley both seem set to be included which is baffling if true. 

very baffling, both great players for us but surely 2 others playing regulary are worth a chance

On 8/26/2019 at 4:04 PM, chopper1 said:

very baffling, both great players for us but surely 2 others playing regulary are worth a chance

McAuley's without a club and presumably if he played and got injured he could stand to lose out financially? Seems very unlikely that he'll play any part

I think I read that Arsenal youngster Daniel Ballard is injured so who the 4th centre back is in the squad will be interesting. Maybe Liam Donnelly although he's been playing midfield this season

Reassuring to know the local press haven't a baldy what they are talking about when it comes to the national team. They had McCauley, Lavery & Lafferty in.

Peacock-Farrell                      

Smith        Cathcart        Evans        Lewis

Jones    Saville    Davis    McNair    Dallas

Washington

On 8/28/2019 at 7:27 PM, Clint said:

Peacock-Farrell                      

Smith        Cathcart        Evans        Lewis

Jones    Saville    Davis    McNair    Dallas

Washington

With Smith seemingly out through injury Id replace with McLaughlin and think that`s close to what we`ll see. 

With Naismith out Washinton has been leading the line alone for Hearts in recent games and done ok so think that will sway O`Neil who has watched some of these games. I think the pace of him, Jones and Dallas will be the sole hope of a goal on the counter.

24 minutes ago, matt said:

With Smith seemingly out through injury Id replace with McLaughlin and think that`s close to what we`ll see. 

With Naismith out Washinton has been leading the line alone for Hearts in recent games and done ok so think that will sway O`Neil who has watched some of these games. I think the pace of him, Jones and Dallas will be the sole hope of a goal on the counter.

That would be my line up as well, I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the starting 11.

Possibly Corry for Saville to anchor midfield?