Jump to content
OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
glenn30

Starting 11 v Germany

Recommended Posts

I would be happy to see Whyte in lieu of the injured Jones, I think he might offer more all round tbh.   Jones end product has been lacking a bit.  (trying to look on the bright side..)

Never been so glad to have Dallas playing regularly and well!  Essential to have him in the squad for times like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 10:02 PM, Simon-613 said:

I think it will be

                  Peacock-Farrell

Smith - Cathcart - J.Evans - Lewis

McGinn - McNair - Davis - C.Evans - Dallas

                      Washington

 

Think all of those players apart from Peacock-Farrell and Corry Evans have been regular starters for their teams this season. 

Whyte and Jones I think have mainly been on the bench and, against Germany, I think he'll opt for the more reliable defensive abilities and experience of McGinn and Dallas.

Corry Evans I think will get the nod ahead of Saville, again on the basis of defensive abilities, especially now that Norwood is not going to be there.(Saville's mainly been a sub for Boro this season too).

And Washington ahead of Magennis looks a certainty given that Magennis has only just got himself a club and hasn't had any game time. He's also looked better for us off the bench.

O'Neill can look to Magennis, Jones, Saville, or Whyte if he's trying to change the game late on 

 

 

The latest injuries are unfortunate but I think they will only result in one change to the starting lineup - McLaughlin to replace Smith at right back. It's unfortunate though not to have Jones' pace as an option from the bench, but probably a chance for Whyte to be that impact sub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Simon-613 said:

The latest injuries are unfortunate but I think they will only result in one change to the starting lineup - McLaughlin to replace Smith at right back. It's unfortunate though not to have Jones' pace as an option from the bench, but probably a chance for Whyte to be that impact sub

Whyte should be in the starting line up against the germans imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BPF

McLaughlin Evans Cathcart Lewis

McNair Davis Saville

Whyte Washington Dallas

 

Feel that gives the best balance. He may even put Corry in place of Whyte and go 4 5 1.

 

Lavery to come on and score the winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, johnnylfc said:

BPF

McLaughlin Evans Cathcart Lewis

McNair Davis Saville

Whyte Washington Dallas

 

Feel that gives the best balance. He may even put Corry in place of Whyte and go 4 5 1.

 

Lavery to come on and score the winner.

I like this team, Whyte and Dallas are hard gaffers and can also break at pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, red and green said:

I like this team, Whyte and Dallas are hard gaffers and can also break at pace.

just one change for me, McGinn in for his experience and delivery, Whyte to come on with is pace if needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, chopper1 said:

just one change for me, McGinn in for his experience and delivery, Whyte to come on with is pace if needed

I think McGinn's been playing well for Aberdeen and played well for us the last time he started. Pretty sure he'll start against Germany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Simon-613 said:

I think McGinn's been playing well for Aberdeen and played well for us the last time he started. Pretty sure he'll start against Germany

Agree.

I really can't see why he's overlooked by the fans when trying to cope with injury/unavailability - he's never let us down in the past.

There are still one or two other options, but in the absence of Michael Smith, to play Dallas at RB with McGinn in front of him in RM, seems entirely rational to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EalingGreen said:

Agree.

I really can't see why he's overlooked by the fans when trying to cope with injury/unavailability - he's never let us down in the past.

There are still one or two other options, but in the absence of Michael Smith, to play Dallas at RB with McGinn in front of him in RM, seems entirely rational to me.

Possibly, although I think he will want Dallas on the left wing with a view to helping Lewis out. Dallas is probably more disciplined at tracking back than Whyte is likely to be, for example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having seen Germany play tonight, I'd be tempted to go with a slightly more attacking approach against them.

They were feeble defensively and their right back and centre backs were very shaky when receiving the ball from Neuer, who persisted throughout the game with putting them into uncomfortable spots.

Washington's great at hassling defenders but the other player we have who could do that is Lavery. I'd be tempted to play Lavery on the left of our front three, and that would allow Dallas to move to right back. We probably need a win rather than a draw now, so may be worth going into the game with a positive mindset?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Holland kept the ball on the ground. I’m sure Michael will have noted that. Washington and Lavery for me to put them under early pressure. Lafferty and Magennis would play into their hands...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Simon-613 said:

Having seen Germany play tonight, I'd be tempted to go with a slightly more attacking approach against them.

They were feeble defensively and their right back and centre backs were very shaky when receiving the ball from Neuer, who persisted throughout the game with putting them into uncomfortable spots.

Washington's great at hassling defenders but the other player we have who could do that is Lavery. I'd be tempted to play Lavery on the left of our front three, and that would allow Dallas to move to right back. We probably need a win rather than a draw now, so may be worth going into the game with a positive mindset?

 

Good shout with Lavery on the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 1:43 PM, dmcc_gfc said:

I would be happy to see Whyte in lieu of the injured Jones, I think he might offer more all round tbh.   Jones end product has been lacking a bit.  (trying to look on the bright side..)

Never been so glad to have Dallas playing regularly and well!  Essential to have him in the squad for times like this.

Whytes end product was pretty poor on Thursday night even simple short balls weren't good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Simon-613 said:

Having seen Germany play tonight, I'd be tempted to go with a slightly more attacking approach against them.

They were feeble defensively and their right back and centre backs were very shaky when receiving the ball from Neuer, who persisted throughout the game with putting them into uncomfortable spots.

Washington's great at hassling defenders but the other player we have who could do that is Lavery. I'd be tempted to play Lavery on the left of our front three, and that would allow Dallas to move to right back. We probably need a win rather than a draw now, so may be worth going into the game with a positive mindset?

 

Looking at the set up against the Dutch there were a few things that look strange. Kimmich playing out if his normal position always been a right back winger or wingback. The three centre backs are all big and not too quick with schule always having that rash tackle in him. Also Verner being a speed machine playing beside gnarby another quick player and reus a midfielder playing up top looked to make the forward 1/2 formation a bit strange. Added to this that Klosternan Ginter and Schulz aren't experienced internationals and maybe weak links.

I've only seen the goals and the team set up not the actual match so dont know if this was reworked during the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

              Peacock Farrell

Dallas J Evans Cathcart Lewis

                   C Evans

McGinn mcNair Davis C  Saville 

                Washington

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×