OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
glenn30

Starting 11 v Germany

Few weeks away obviously but just wondering eveveryones thoughts are on the starting 11 v Germany? Do we go the traditional 4-3-3 with a recognised striker like magennis or mix it up a bit with a front 3 of Jones McGinn and whyte, bit of pace 

I'd go for 

Bpf

Dallas Cathcart Evans lewis

Davis Norwood mcnair

Whyte mcginn Jones 

Depends on who is fit and playing, our striking options ain't great, lafferty no club, Washington not a regular at hearts yet, Magennis not had an ideal few months at Bolton, good he is now at hull but how many minutes will he have in next couple of weeks. Boyce I'm not sure is international quality but could be in with a shout.

Grigg doesn't seem interested,  vassell ain't up to it and id be surprised if Parkhouse or lavery were involved.

BPF

SMYTH   EVANS  CATHCART  LEWIS

MCNAIR  DAVIS  NORWOOD JONES

MAGENNIS   WASHINGTON

If Norwood decides against coming back then I swap him for Saville. 

7 hours ago, glenn30 said:

Few weeks away obviously but just wondering eveveryones thoughts are on the starting 11 v Germany? Do we go the traditional 4-3-3 with a recognised striker like magennis or mix it up a bit with a front 3 of Jones McGinn and whyte, bit of pace 

I'd go for 

Bpf

Dallas Cathcart Evans lewis

Davis Norwood mcnair

Whyte mcginn Jones 

Depends on who is fit and playing, our striking options ain't great, lafferty no club, Washington not a regular at hearts yet, Magennis not had an ideal few months at Bolton, good he is now at hull but how many minutes will he have in next couple of weeks. Boyce I'm not sure is international quality but could be in with a shout.

Grigg doesn't seem interested,  vassell ain't up to it and id be surprised if Parkhouse or lavery were involved.

If Niall McGinn starts at centre forward I will eat my own head.

Agree about Dallas. Covers at RB only if Smith and McLaughlin are missing - which is not the case right now.

We will need natural defenders big time!

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Agree about Dallas. Covers at RB only if Smith and McLaughlin are missing - which is not the case right now.

We will need natural defenders big time!

Agree we need Dallas more in other areas, but at the same time, he's playing playing RB at a higher standard than either of those other two.

We need Dallas and McNair working their socks off in midfield. Dallas isn't good enough at right back against quality opposition, he would get found out too often.

Would prefer McLaughlin in there but think Mon will stick with Smith.

We really are up against it as far as centre forwards go so we have to make the most of it from all our strikers. Its going to be a case of whoever starts working hard and then being replaced whenever they are done. Cant see any of them really having too much of an effect to be honest. 

Bpf

Smith Cathcart Evans lewis

Dallas Norwood  McNair Davis Jones 

Davis

Magennis

31 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

Bpf

Davis

Magennis

Jeez Chopper, we should be trying to ease Steven's load now he's 30-something, not doubling it.

Just now, EalingGreen said:

Jeez Chopper, we should be trying to ease Steven's load now he's 30-something, not doubling it.

playing just off the striker i thought would ease his load but im sure Michael will keep him in CM

55 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

Bpf

Davis

Magennis

It'll be hard enough trying to beat them with 11 Chopper but the more we have the merrier! 

18 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

playing just off the striker i thought would ease his load but im sure Michael will keep him in CM

As well as on the left of the midfield five? (You named him twice in a 12 man team)

Anyhow, unless he goes with Norwood as his one holding midfielder (dangerous against Germany imo), I suspect Michael might have Steven in there as well, since we need our best touch players receiving the ball from our gk/defenders, while the Germans are pressing us right up the pitch.

copy & paste forgot to delete                    

Bpf

Dallas Norwood  McNair Jones 

Davis

Magennis

Bpf

Dallas Norwood Davis  McNair  Evans

Washington 

Would set the team up to defend, pack the mid field and hit on the break with a fast forward . the 2 wide midfielders more like defenders. Cant really think on anyone better than Corey at  the moment but I'm sure someone will.

BPF

McLaughlin - Cathcart - Evans - Lewis

McNair - Davis - Norwood - Saville - Dallas

Washington

Think we'll see Conor McLaughlin back in, he's played 90 mins three times now for Sunderland. The energy of McNair and Dallas will be used wide to stem the threat from the German fullbacks.

Assuming Norwood is available again (and obviously MON will have been speaking to him since pulling out) then he'll be in midfield instead of Evans (or possibly Saville with Evans in). Corey Evans has only played a cup game so far for Blackburn. 

Washington up front, assuming he gets some game time between now and then. Then select from Whyte/McGinn/Jones/Magennis/C.Evans to change the game after an hour depending on how things are going.