Jump to content
OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Richardh

Squad for Luxembourg and Germany

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

will Michael Smith make it on time after his hamstring problem?

An Edinburgh News article today said it's 'touch and go' whether he will be fit for Northern Ireland's games.

 

'Michael Smith is out of Hearts’ Ladbrokes Premiership match against Hamilton tomorrow.

The Northern Ireland full-back will be sidelined for around ten days with a hamstring strain suffered against Celtic on Sunday.

That leaves him touch and go for Northern Ireland’s upcoming matches against Luxembourg and Germany. He was named in manager Michael O’Neill’s squad on Wednesday. For Hearts, he will miss the weekend fixture at Tynecastle Park but should be fit to resume domestic duty after the international break.

Smith was replaced 18 minutes into the 3-1 defeat by Celtic and replaced by Jamie Brandon. He had been feeling tightness in his hamstring in the days leading up to the game, which began to worsen during the early stages of the match.

Medical staff assessed the injury and the positive news it is not serious. Expectations are that the 30-year-old will miss only one club game, which is some relief given Hearts’ increasing injury problems in the early part of the season.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Simon-613 said:

An Edinburgh News article today said it's 'touch and go' whether he will be fit for Northern Ireland's games.

 

'Michael Smith is out of Hearts’ Ladbrokes Premiership match against Hamilton tomorrow.

The Northern Ireland full-back will be sidelined for around ten days with a hamstring strain suffered against Celtic on Sunday.

That leaves him touch and go for Northern Ireland’s upcoming matches against Luxembourg and Germany. He was named in manager Michael O’Neill’s squad on Wednesday. For Hearts, he will miss the weekend fixture at Tynecastle Park but should be fit to resume domestic duty after the international break.

Smith was replaced 18 minutes into the 3-1 defeat by Celtic and replaced by Jamie Brandon. He had been feeling tightness in his hamstring in the days leading up to the game, which began to worsen during the early stages of the match.

Medical staff assessed the injury and the positive news it is not serious. Expectations are that the 30-year-old will miss only one club game, which is some relief given Hearts’ increasing injury problems in the early part of the season.'

thanks Simon, i assume the10 days is from the date he was taken off last weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lisbellawloyal said:

Did I miss Paul Smyth withdrawing? No Smith, Jones or P.Smyth. Bound to late call ups after this?

Foot injury. Replaced by Lavery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lisbellawloyal said:

Lavery, Magennis and Washington our only forward options then?

Surely Grigg or Lafferty will be called up now?

U21s only have two strikers in their squad as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

Surely Grigg or Lafferty will be called up now?

U21s only have two strikers in their squad as well.

Grigg seemingly not arsed and Lafferty’s debut lasted all of 60 minutes until he went for an early shower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lisbellawloyal said:

Grigg seemingly not arsed and Lafferty’s debut lasted all of 60 minutes until he went for an early shower.

Lafferty will be no use to his new club if he's suspended so he may as well make a nuisance of himself for 15 minutes in Belfast. 

Kyle Vassell will be limbering up as we speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GAWA said:

Jordan Jones ruled out

Self-inflicted. A complete moron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×