OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Starting line up v Holland

It's a shame that Lewis is out. Don't think anyone's suggested it yet but I'd go for Flanagan at left back. I recall he played there previously for Burton and he's better defensively than the other main options - Ferguson or Dallas. It also means Dallas can be played further forward so we don't end up weakening two areas of the team. 

I'd go for the following team:

BPF

Smith   Cathcart    J Evans    Flanagan  

Whyte   McNair     Davis       C Evans     Dallas

Magennis

McGinn unlucky to miss out but I'd like to see Whyte get a chance. Think Corry Evans would help us more defensively than Saville. Whoever plays up front will have a thankless task but at least Josh offers a physical threat and may be useful with set pieces at both ends of the pitch

Huge task ahead, i feel for Ferguson at LB

Northern Ireland

• 1Peacock-Farrell
  • 3Smith
  • 20Cathcart
  • 5Evans
  • 14Dallas
  • 17McNair
  • 8Davis
  • 6Saville
  • 13Evans
  • 10Lafferty
  • 11Ferguson

Substitutes

• 2McLaughlin
  • 4Flanagan
  • 7McGinn
  • 9Boyce
  • 12McGovern
  • 15Thompson
  • 16Kennedy
  • 18Whyte
  • 19Donnelly
  • 21Magennis
  • 22Lavery
  • 23Carson

Seen it with Smith at lb and Dallas at rb and also with Smith at rb and fergie at lb. I'd rather have the first one I think 

Just now, exhausted said:

Seen it with Smith at lb and Dallas at rb and also with Smith at rb and fergie at lb. I'd rather have the first one I think 

that is the other option

Laff needs one of the biggest performances of his career if we are to do anything tonight, hopefully Michael has got inside his head for this one, another Greece away performance would be the ticket. 

23 minutes ago, exhausted said:

That’s the more likely option you’d think. I’d see at as Smith replacing Lewis and Ferguson replacing McGinn.

hard watch but we'll take that

We were in a similar situation against the Germans going in at half time 0-0 we have to make sure we start the second half of this game better than we did against the Germans and then who knows.

Keep the faith and believe :owc:

Just now, green port said:

We were in a similar situation against the Germans going in at half time 0-0 we have to make sure we start the second half of this game better than we did against the Germans and then who knows.

Keep the faith and believe :owc:

good point,  have really frustrated them, need to stay focused for another 45 mins

a draw would be great!

2 hours ago, exhausted said:

1 hour ago, Villa Mike said:

That’s the more likely option you’d think. I’d see at as Smith replacing Lewis and Ferguson replacing McGinn.

Dallas has played LB before for Leeds.

Anyway, the formation we have seems to be working so far.

Don't do that on VVD Smith lol

Ref is starting to give them every decision now and letting their players get away with pressuring him