OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Nations League Draw.. (3/3/20)

Just now, Richardh said:

Bit dull and repetitive for aways. 

Yeah. I’m a bit disappointed with that from a travel perspective.

28 minutes ago, BringBackShaggy said:

Yeah. I’m a bit disappointed with that from a travel perspective.

Austria game not being in Vienna would be "good", Romania also play some games outside Bucharest. 

We'll get a look at Haaland anyway. 

Home ticket prices and demand could be interesting. 

We were never getting world beaters as opposition......

To be honest I'm happy with Austria, so I'll not complain. 

Will wait now for the fixture dates with interest. Would like Romania  [ never been there ] away in September, might get a bit of decent weather 😎

Can't say I'm too excited by the draw, but at least we didn't get Scotland or Wales.

If the Romania date suits, might take a few days holiday in the country - parts of it are said to be nice, in a rural, mid-20th century kinda way.

Decent draw and we owe Austria one, it will be an interesting start for the new Northern Ireland manager after Michael has led us to the Euros 🤞🙏

15 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

Can't say I'm too excited by the draw, but at least we didn't get Scotland or Wales.

If the Romania date suits, might take a few days holiday in the country - parts of it are said to be nice, in a rural, mid-20th century kinda way.

Parts of Transylvania look epic.

19 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

This. But I think generally a poor draw two teams on the up of recent and we haven't had great form against Austria.

3 minutes ago, Tarabonga said:

🧛‍♂️

Just glad we dodged the Sweaties and the Taffs.

As someone who isn't likely to go to the away games I'm happy enough as they are all beatable* and we owe Aurnotivic one from the last game there. 

*obviously could all depend on who the new boss is 

20 minutes ago, Tarabonga said:

I did a couple of nights in Brasov before the last game in Romania, had a great day trip around the castles, fortified churches were something different and Brasov itself was a great spot, well worth a look. 

I'd agree with the above. I've been to Romania a couple of times and would definitely go back. In fact having been to all of the countries we've drawn (and I liked them all) this would be my preferred trip. I haven't been to Bucharest though.

A fairly dull draw. Been to all 3 countries in the last 5.5 years. Happy to go back to Vienna (or elsewhere in Austria) but not fussed on the other two, especially not Norway with its prices.

I'll probably only go to one away one this time, most likely Bucharest. I've done Austria and Norway in recent years, never been to Romania